UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1st & 2nd Procol Harum albums get Deluxed by Esoteric

Juniors Eyes Battersea Power Station is also being released as a 2 disc set
on Esoteric, same bonus tracks as the prev. Sanctuary release.

Here is the info for the 2cd / 3cd Procol deluxes

 NEW REMASTERED & EXPANDED 2 CD EDITION OF THIS CLASSIC 1968 DEBUT ALBUM BY PROCOL HARUM

 WITH 15 BONUS TRACKS (7 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED & 2 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED ON CD)

 INCLUDES PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BBC SESSIONS FROM 1967

 REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL TAPES

 FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK AND NEW LINER NOTES BY HENRY SCOTT-IRVINE

Esoteric Recordings are proud to announce the release of a newly re-mastered and expanded edition of the classic 1968 self-titled debut album by PROCOL HARUM. Released in January 1968, the record followed on from the huge international success of the band’s debut single “A Whiter Shade of Pale” and the follow up single “Homburg”.

One of the finest releases of the era “Procol Harum” captured the exquisite song writing of Gary Brooker and Keith Reid and the excellence of the musicians in the group, namely Gary Brooker (voice, piano), Robin Trower (lead guitar), David Knights (bass guitar), B.J. Wilson (drums) and Matthew Fisher (Hammond organ). The overall result was a collection of songs that would prove to be truly ground breaking, despite only having being released in Mono at the insistence of producer Denny Cordell.

Newly re-mastered from the original tapes, this Deluxe edition of “Procol Harum” has been expanded to include 27 bonus tracks (8 previously unreleased) over two CDs, including the classic singles “A Whiter Shade of Pale”, “Homburg”, along with rare B-sides, alternate session takes and stereo mixes and seven previously unreleased BBC Radio sessions from June and September 1967.

This expanded deluxe edition of “Procol Harum” also includes a lavishly illustrated booklet that fully restores the original album artwork and features a new essay by Procol Harum biographer Henry Scott-Irvine, along with a facsimile promotional shop poster for the release of the album in January 1968.

More from this Artist

Product details
Track listing
Delivery

1. CONQUISTADOR2. SHE WANDERED THROUGH THE GARDEN FENCE3. SOMETHING FOLLOWING ME4. MABEL5. CERDES (OUTSIDE THE GATES OF)6. A CHRISTMAS CAMEL7. KALEIDOSCOPE8. SALAD DAYS (ARE HERE AGAIN)9. GOOD CAPTAIN CLACK10. REPENT WALPURGIS

BONUS TRACKS

11. A WHITER SHADE OF PALE12. LIME STREET BLUES

A & B SIDES OF SINGLE

13. HOMBURG14. GOOD CAPTAIN CLACK (SINGLE VERSION)

A & B SIDES OF SINGLE

15. ALPHA16. SALAD DAYS (ARE HERE AGAIN) – PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

RECORDED AT OLYMPIC STUDIOS, LONDON – 29th MARCH 1967

17. UNDERSTANDABLY BLUE

RECORDED AT OLYMPIC STUDIOS, LONDON – 17th JULY 1967

18. PANDORA’S BOX (INSTRUMENTAL)

RECORDED AT ADVISION STUDIOS, LONDON - 24TH AUGUST 1967

19. CERDES (OUTSIDE THE GATES OF) (ALTERNATE MONO MIX)20. SOMETHING FOLLOWING ME (ALTERNATE MONO MIX)

DISC TWO

1. A WHITER SHADE OF PALE (EXTENDED EARLY VERSION)RECORDED AT OLYMPIC STUDIOS, LONDON – 29TH MARCH 1967

2. HOMBURG (EXTENDED STEREO VERSION)3. REPENT WALPURGIS (EXTENDED STEREO VERSION)

RECORDED AT ADVISION STUDIOS, LONDON - AUGUST 1967

4. CONQUISTADOR (1971 STEREO MIX)5. SHE WANDERED THROUGH THE GARDEN FENCE (1971 STEREO MIX)6. SOMETHING FOLLOWING ME (STEREO MIX)7. MABEL (UNDUBBED STEREO MIX)8. KALEIDOSCOPE (STEREO MIX)9. CERDES (OUTSIDE THE GATES OF) (STEREO MIX)10. HOMBURG (1971 STEREO MIX)11. MORNING DEW12. A WHITER SHADE OF PALE13. MABEL

“EASYBEAT” SESSION14th JUNE 1967 BBC LIGHT PROGRAMME PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

14. HOMBURG15. GOOD CAPTAIN CLACK16. SHE WANDERED THROUGH THE GARDEN FENCE17. KALEIDOSCOPE

“TOP GEAR” SESSION 27th SEPTEMBER 1967 BBC RADIO ONE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

SHINE ON BRIGHTLY

Details

 NEW REMASTERED & EXPANDED 3 CD CLAMSHELL BOX EDITION OF THIS CLASSIC 1968 ALBUM BY PROCOL HARUM

 INCLUDES THE RARE MONO MIX OF THE ALBUM

 WITH 20 BONUS TRACKS (9 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)

 INCLUDES PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BBC SESSIONS FROM 1968

 REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL TAPES

 FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK AND NEW LINER NOTES BY HENRY SCOTT-IRVINE

Esoteric Recordings are proud to announce the release of a newly re-mastered and expanded edition of the classic 1968 album by PROCOL HARUM. Released in the UK in December 1968, “Shine on Brightly” followed on from the huge international success in 1967 of the band’s debut single “A Whiter Shade of Pale” and the follow up single “Homburg” and built on the creative path begun on Procol Harum’s self-titled debut album issued in January 1968. Gary Brooker (voice, piano), Robin Trower (lead guitar), David Knights (bass guitar), B.J. Wilson (drums) and Matthew Fisher (Hammond organ) took the music of the band to new heights with this, their second album. Dominated by the 17-minute epic suite “In Held ‘Twas in I”, Procol Harum re-wrote the rule book of popular music with the material written and recorded for “Shine On Brightly”.

Newly re-mastered from the original tapes, this 3 CD clamshell box Deluxe edition of “Shine on Brightly” has been expanded to include the 1968 Mono mix of the album (released on CD for the first time) and 20 bonus tracks (9 previously unreleased) drawn from studio sessions, single mixes and three BBC radio sessions recorded in 1968, featuring 9 previously unreleased recordings.

This expanded deluxe edition also includes a lavishly illustrated booklet that fully restores the original album artwork and features a new essay by Procol Harum biographer Henry Scott-Irvine and also includes a poster.

Delivery

“SHINE ON BRIGHTLY”THE STEREO MIX REMASTERED

1. QUITE RIGHTLY SO2. SHINE ON BRIGHTLY3. SKIP SOFTLY (MY MOONBEAMS)4. WISH ME WELL5. RAMBLING ON6. MAGDALENE (MY REGAL ZONOPHONE)7. IN HELD TWAS IN Ia. GLIMSPES OF NIRVANA8. IN HELD TWAS IN Ib. TWAS TEA TIME AT THE CIRCUS9. IN HELD TWAS IN Ic. IN THE AUTUMN OF MY MADNESS10. IN HELD TWAS IN Id. LOOK TO YOUR SOUL11. IN HELD TWAS IN Ie. GRAND FINALE

BONUS TRACKS12. IL TUO DIAMANTE (“SHINE ON BRIGHTLY” ITALIAN VERSION) (MONO)

RECORDED IN SEPTEMBER 196713. QUITE RIGHTLY SO14. IN THE WEE SMALL HOURS OF SIXPENCE

A & B SIDES OF SINGLE

“SHINE ON BRIGHTLY”THE MONO MIX REMASTERED

(PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED ON CD)1. QUITE RIGHTLY SO2. SHINE ON BRIGHTLY3. SKIP SOFTLY (MY MOONBEAMS)4. WISH ME WELL5. RAMBLING ON6. MAGDALENE (MY REGAL ZONOPHONE)7. IN HELD TWAS IN Ia. GLIMSPES OF NIRVANA8. IN HELD TWAS IN Ib. TWAS TEA TIME AT THE CIRCUS9. IN HELD TWAS IN Ic. IN THE AUTUMN OF MY MADNESS10. IN HELD TWAS IN Id. LOOK TO YOUR SOUL11. IN HELD TWAS IN Ie. GRAND FINALE

1. MONSIEUR ARMAND (MONO)2. SEEM TO HAVE THE BLUES (MOST ALL THE TIME) (MONO)3. MAGDELEINE (MY REGAL ZONOPHONE) (1967 MONO VERSION)4. SHINE ON BRIGHTLY (1967 MONO VERSION)5. IN THE WEE SMALL HOURS OF SIXPENCE (STEREO MIX)6. MONSIEUR ARMAND (STEREO BACKING TRACK)7. A ROBE OF SILK (STEREO BACKING TRACK)8. MCGREGOR9. THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO… (WISH ME WELL)10. SKIP SOFTLY (MY MOONBEAMS)11. QUITE RIGHTLY SO12. RAMBLIN’ ON13. SHINE ON BRIGHTLY

BBC RADIO ONE SESSION 14th FEBRUARY 1968 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

14. SKIP SOFTLY MY MOONBEAMS15. WISH ME WELL16. LONG GONE GEEK“TOP GEAR” BBC RADIO ONE SESSION 19th AUGUST 1968PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED17. IN HELD ‘TWAS IN I (LOOK TO YOUR SOUL /FINALE)

“TOP GEAR” BBC RADIO ONE SESSION 6th OCTOBER 1968 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

Re: 1st & 2nd Procol Harum albums get Deluxed by Esoteric

They do sound rather good with loads of extras,i bought both those albums on cd way back in 2009 which had extra tracks on them too and cracking liners etc released by Salvo Records,now the package they put together back then was something to admire,so if Esoteric can do better than Salvo i will be well impressed!Look forward to seeing them end of June!!As for Juniors Eyes"Battersea Power Station"album getting the double cd treatment,this too was released way way back by Sanctuary whos cd did not feature the original sleeve on the front but did include some cracking extras....again if Esoteric can beat that also i shall take my hat off to them,be great to see this available again for those who don't have it and hopeully get it at a reasonable price!!I wonder what the 2nd cd shall hold?Exciting times!!!Thanks again Painterman,never had a clue any of them were getting reissued again!!!!

Hi Stuart. The Juniors Eyes release puts the album on one disc
and all the bonuses on the 2nd...same bonuses as the Sanctuary issue with the
addition of 2 tracks..'Hang Loose' and a Top Gear version of By The Tree.

Is there a track listing for the Junior's Eyes release?

“BATTERSEA POWER STATION” REMASTERED

1. TOTAL WAR2. CIRCUS DAYS3. IMAGINATION4. MY SHIP5. MISS LIZZIE6. SO EMBARRASSED7. FREAK IN8. PLAYTIME9. I’M DROWNING10. WHITE LIGHT11. BY THE TREE

SINGLES, DEMOS & SESSIONSTHE TICKLE:

1. SUBWAY (SMOKEY POKEY WORLD)

2. GOOD EVENING A & B-SIDES OF SINGLE

JUNIOR’S EYES:

3. MR. GOLDEN TRUMPET PLAYER4. BLACK SNAKE

A & B SIDES OF SINGLE

5. WOMAN LOVE6. CIRCUS DAYS (SINGLE VERSION)

A & B-SIDES OF SINGLE

7. STAR CHILD8. SINK OR SWIMA & B-SIDES OF SINGLE9. WHITE LIGHT (DEMO VERSION)10. BY THE TREE (DEMO VERSION)11. IMAGINATION (DEMO VERSION)12. PLAYTIME (DEMO VERSION)13. HANG LOOSE14. BY THE TREEBBC RADIO ONE “TOP GEAR” SESSION28TH OCTOBER 1968