UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Granny's Intentions DCD/CD set

saw this on heyday M/O - seemingly a private release, not a reissue label.

GRANNY'S INTENTIONS / STORY OF DAVID (2DVD/CD)
£18

Singles CD available @ £9 as a stand alone CD as well.

PM

Due soon...The Story of David - two DVD and CD set.
Put together by Limerick Rock and Roll Club founder and avid music fan Paddy Brennan.
Includes archival footage of the band who were the biggest beat group of the time (1965 - 71) in Ireland, plus interviews and many songs that never got a release on CD.
Tributes are paid by Johnny Fean, Noel Bridgeman, Brush Shiels, Lorcan Murray and Bill Whelan. The latter says: “In the context of making music they were a shining light to the young people of Limerick. “They were an affirmation of the youth of Limerick. They were also our link to international music and that was their real importance.”
Paddy says that the band “very nearly made it”. “You couldn’t get better. They had done all they could in Ireland, they were the biggest beat group of the time. It looked like they were going to make it in the UK, but a mixture of misfortunes and management changes meant they didn’t get the promotion they deserved,” he said.
“This is a documentary of the whole story of the band and all the reunion concerts, with footage. It is a treasure trove, nothing like this exists,” he added.
CD features single sides.

DVD 1 – The early years – how the band was formed and the early days touring and the experience of record labels and producing the first album. Contains numerous interviews with band members and people who remember the Granny’s in their heyday.

DVD 2- The reunion days, includes bonus live footage from the Belltable and many more interviews.

BONUS CD- The Singles Collection. A compilation of unforgettable tracks.
Tracklist.. 1. The Story of David 2. Sandy’s on the phone again. 3. Julie Don’t Love me anymore 4. One Time Lovers 5. Never an everyday thing 6. Hilda the Bilda 7. Take me back 8. Maybe 9. Burning again 10. Loving you is sweeter than ever

Re: Granny's Intentions DCD/CD set

see also Limerick Leader article from December 2014 here:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/music/new-dvd-recalls-the-heady-days-of-granny-s-intentions-1-6459475

Only 120 of these sets were apparently made, so not sure if they have been re-pressed or if these are the last few of that 120?

PM

Thanks Paul for the heads up,just pre ordered the singles cd from Nick(nice bloke to deal with) at Heyday,that is a must have item and i just couldnt resist it.I wonder if it comes with liners?...........Ive only heard a few of their early singles,so im pretty excited about hearing those...i bought the MUD greatest Hits dbl cd released by Repertoire a few year back just for all the early singles of theirs which are included in chronological order,their early singles have a real period charm about them and are all well worth hearing too....i know whats this gotta do wi Grannys Intentions??Nowt at all....lol...i just thought i would mention it as its the only place to get their early singles!!A bit like The Sweets early stuff,some very good late 60s stuff from them too which i hear are available as a bonus cd with the reissue of their first album,just out i think!!That debut album has some charming gear on it too and worth getting.But nowt beats those early singles!!!!!Or of course you could plump for the Repertoire cd of the early singles which is going for (gulp)15 quid on Amazon,the new double cd is going for 8 quid!!!A fair difference in price!!

im lost where do Mud relate to Grannys intentions was curious so had alook on WWW but to no joy??

Hi Phil,Mud have nowt in common wi Grannys Intentions mate.its just me waffling on a bit really....lol......