UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More about Larrys Rebels

I have just read a article on Larrys Rebels in one of our local papers. They are releasing a new compilation CD "I feel Good" following the earlier release (mentioned on this board last year)

This new CD is more for the psych pop fan containing all their singles, and tracks from their first album (but not their second)

The bonus of this CD is that some of their singles released in Australia contained different versions from the NZ releases and this CD compiles both the versions.

The article goes on to recount some of their stories from the 60s but theres one that took my fancy so I thought I would share. They were supporting the Who during the 68 tour and at that time the Who were ending their sets with mass distruction of their equipment. The guys in the band were saddened to see all this equipment - so hard to find in NZ- that some of them staged a raid on stage as the Who were starting to do their bit and saved some of the equipment - including Keith Moons Snare drum.

The Who were far from upset apparently and at the end of the Tour gifted the band their speakers and amps rather than pay to have them returned to England.

Re: More about Larrys Rebels

Hiya Daniel,I just picked up a copy of the new Larrys Rebels comp from an amazon seller for just over 6 quid and thats with postage added!!!!!Could be my bargain of the year so far.........now just got to wait for its arrival.Ive not heard much of their music,just whats been included on various comps,so really looking forward to hearing this!!I also picked up Paul Revere and the Raiders mono cd of their album "Revolution" for the same price,which has just been released by Now Sounds....well chuffed!!!2 bargains!!!!

Re: More about Larrys Rebels

They did some great stuff like 'Fantasy' and 'Halloween', my fave being a B side called 'Passing You By' when they were just called Rebels.