UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Twink-Think Pink mono & stereo

I see that Think Pink has been released as a double cd featuring Mono and Stereo mixes,i bought the Sunbeam single cd with extra tracks when it came out a few year back,im wondering whether to buy this double cd set,i was wondering are the stereo and mono versions really that different??Has anyone heard both?Be much obliged to to know if their is a big diference!!Thank you,Stuart.

Re: Twink-Think Pink mono & stereo

I haven't heard anything about this release, but it would be interesting to hear if the mono is different from the stereo. I do know that I have had one CD version that was missing one of the little in-between song segments for some reason. I can't remember which, but it struck me as odd at the time and irritating. I never approve of re-releases that edit songs.
Along that line of thought, I've never seen a CD of the B.B. Blunder that includes the full length version of the song "New Day." On vinyl, it's almost like Hey Jude in that it takes about four minutes to fade out. All CD versions I've heard edit the fade out by about two minutes. Long live vinyl!

Just found out that Twinks album Think Pink was never released on Mono back in the day,this is the first time its been available to hear.I will probably purchase this eventually,but theres so much more things in life than comes first!!!!If anyone purchases this double cd version,any chance of leaving some feedback on the Mono album?I think this double cd is released by Sunbeam Records,who issued the Think Pink album as a single cd not that many years ago!It seemd a drag to have to fork out for it again.Of well,a collector and his money,they do part.Sometimes stupidly.

I'd be very surprised if there was a dedicated mono mix made at the time given the LP was from 1970 and even by 1969 most mono mixes were just fold-downs of the stereo mix. So if this is a stereo fold-down as seems very likely, it is really of very limited interest as the mix will essentially be the same.