UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fotheringay - Nothing More book set cheap(ish)

I was idly surfing my 'wants' list against current Amazon UK prices in between tutee sessions this morning at work and was surprised to see thirteen copies of Fotheringay's recently issued 'Nothing More' Book set new and sealed for sale from Amazon themselves (not a market place seller)at only £17.50! I quickly emailed my brother to snag me one before all thirteen sold out. He got the last copy he tells me, as they had all sold out by lunch time, phew!

Although now all gone, not all is lostif you're intersted in getting one. Amazon are advertising that more copies will be in stock on June 6th , and although at the now increased price of £23.09, stil £13 below full retail which is what you'll pay anywhere else (or near enough), so pre-order one now before they all go as well if you've been considering it at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00S8XVFDM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1XEQD2FHFBG57V0PG23F&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455333147&pf_rd_i=468294

I also ordered Vol.1 CD edition of Vampi Soul label's 'Chicas!' Spanish girl pop comp, which is also in on 6th June @ £6.80, pretty near half retail price.

It looks to me like a distributer is having a yard sale of unshifted stock, so do look up your wants list and test against Amazon UK prices at the moment, you never know what you'll find. If anyone strikes lucky, do post back here in case anyone else wants in on it!

PM

Re: Fotheringay - Nothing More book set cheap(ish)

Paul i was one of the lucky dozen to get my order in quick,as soon as i saw that price i raided my piggy bank and had to have it.....as for raiding the piggy bank,thats for messages tomorrow as ive stupidly left myself seriously short concerning the bank.....the things we enthusiasts do for the music we enjoy....man its an addiction.......

Yep, we've all been there I think Stuart, where you can't let paying the rent or keeping fed get in the way of a musical bargain! It's a sort of altered state of priorities where you derive sustinance from the music and the possession of its physcial representation in the form of the Cd / vinyl package, at least for a while, til your gas gets cut off!

PM (musicholics not at all anonymous)

LOL Paul,you hit it on the head!!!!!!!Well i at last found time to listen to this book set,well worth the beans on toast ive been eating since i bought it and used basically the money i had for food shopping to buy it........but i have really enjoyed it,particularly the live in Rotterdam stuff and the BBC stuff!!!!! Have you had a chance to listen to it yet Paul??

I've played the first two discs, not got to the live set or he short DVD just yet. I agree, a lovely package. I think I prefer the unreleased / demo tracks of disc 2 that were to have been the second album to the officially released album on disc 1. Although, all of it's great. I can't believe Sandy Denny's singing on the second disc was just 'guide vocals' for the demos, they sound like a finished master. Trevor Lucas and Sandy Denny's voices blend beautifully, and to think all these recordings are nearly half a century old!

P