UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Peter Bardens-The Answer(70)

Just wanted to say im loving the 1970 album "The Answer"by Peter bardens,this to my ears is a late psych feel about it,pretty spacey at times and has a hash laden heaviness about it!!Blooming marevellous stuff"Homage to the God of Light"is just bloody spliffingly good as is"Dont Goof With a Spook"....anyone else get their kicks from this album?I must say his follow up album aint no slouch either!!!!I must mention the single by the group Village that Peter Bardens was invloved with,2 fabulous examples of late 60s psych"Man in the Moon"&"Long Time Coming"from 1969,both extras on the Esoteric records cd!!

Re: Peter Bardens-The Answer(70)

Yes a cool period piece of stoned psych rock moving into heavier prog - very nice indeed. It's also pretty cheap to score as an original,unlike the vast majority of UK LPs from the era. I only paid £20 for a serviceable copy a few months ago.

Re: Peter Bardens-The Answer(70)

I agree Biff,in my opinion its a under rated period piece of music from the dolly birds on the amusing sleeve to the stoned atmospheric sound of the music.I wonder if theres still a few uk psych enthusiasts to discover this one,particularly the ones who like that early prog sound with a psych hangover, a bit like an old uncle you cant get rid off!!!lol