UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: which album cover ...

Good guess, but not who I had in mind. Although maybe it works for him too.
i'm thinking an artist who recorded a song with another band, but the visual of that song is on the cover
of his album. Further hint: It's only on a reissue/compilation deal with different cover art.

thats it Joe Who-By Numbers album

Yeah, i was kidding about Kraftwerk.
I'll reveal the murky answer to my riddle...have you got it, yet?
Yes, Roger Syd Barrett.
There's an apple and an orange on the cover of the 2lp collection of "The Madcap Laughs" and "Barrett." But of course, "Apples and Oranges" was the last released single he did with Pink Floyd.

Too good Joe.

I like the riddle game! If I can come up with another I'll throw it out there...
Right now it's Friday afternoon and my mind is pretty mushy...
Glad you liked it, though!

Joe

Sounds like you already did with Friday and mind.

Joe McFarland

There's an apple and an orange on the cover of the 2lp collection of "The Madcap Laughs" and "Barrett." But of course, "Apples and Oranges" was the last released single he did with Pink Floyd.

Pretty sure it's an orange and a plum; a sly reference to Syd's very first acid trip as he was apparently fixated on those two object, along with box of matches, whilst tripping.

Oh, then no wonder my riddle was so murky! Actually I may have even heard that account somewhere as well. They were things he was staring at on his first trip? Well Scott, I guess I won't let a measly fact get in the way of a good riddle!