UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aztec Music Australia

Could one of the lads from Aussie tell me if its true that that fine re-issue label Aztec Music has folded??If so its a crying shame as their cds packages were some of the best i've ever bought,from the artwork to the sound quaity,all top notch!!Bought quite a few cds ,heres some i really enjoy:

Star Spangled Banner
The Twilights
Lobby Loyde and the Coloured Balls
Kahvas Jute
Ticket
Levi Smith's Clefs
Billy Thorpe andThe Aztecs
The Master's Apprentices
Tamam Shud
Comes Autumn(this is such a beautful album and is certainly in my all time top 20 albums list)
Spectrum-Milesago
Blackfeather...............and so on

In all honesty ive not bought a bad cd released by Aztec Music,excellent stuff indeed,any other admirers of this fine label??

Re: Aztec Music Australia

Hadn't heard anything Stuart, not that I would know anymore than you though. Their website is still up and running.

Hiya Greg,yeh just been on their website,seem to be running as normal,i read it in a mag that they had folded and for the death of me can i remember which one?Great im glad its still going!!Next cd i would like to purchase is Company Caine album "A product of a Broken Reality",i've seen that as derscribed as a psych/prog crossover album from early 70s.So much music so little money to get it!!!!(groan)

I don't know if there's too much psych on the Co.Caine, which is what they liked to be billed as, Stuart. It certainly didn't sell many copies and originals are very expensive. There's plenty to listen to on you tube to give you a better idea though.

Aztec have an ebay outlet as well now, if anyone is interested