UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Small Faces 5 CD Decca collection in October

Just saw this on Spin site, was a total surprise.
Expanded BBC sessions included and everything's remastered again but no track list as yet.
Says very little but with more info to follow.
Surely this must be an attempt to con us into buying it all for the umpteenth time.
If they're peddling more backing tracks they can keep it.

http://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/the-decca-years-1965-1967-5cd-box-set

Re: Small Faces 5 CD Decca collection in October

I saw this as well. I think what they're primarily peddling is a differently configured box! I guess there must always be (I would hope) people who are new or newer to any band, and for whome this offers a very attractive way to own everything in one place - on Decca anyway.It's also of course aimed at SF fans who will buy it becaue it's all in a different box and has been remastered (again)! I may well be one of those. Like you, I'll wait to see the track lists.

So far I have managed to resist buying many of the flourishing reissues of an artist's work configured as a box set of vinyl 45s. As much as I'd love The Creation, Action etc vinyl 45 sets made for Record Store Day(s) as objects, I still have enough rationality left to recognise I already have the music on them several times over and this would just be a shelf ornament and visual eye candy.
Nonetheless, they do like nice!

At least I guess, this SF box is the Decca years revisited rather than yet another stab at the Immediate catalogue and oh yes, wasn't 'Autumn Stone' meant to have got a re-master - deluxe reissue release?? I don't recall seeing that one as yet.

PM