Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Third World War -S/T CD reissue

Just saw this on Burning Shed. I love both the TWW albums

PM

Third World War
Third World War (cd pre-order)

A 2015 Esoteric label of the classic 1970 Third World War album.

Remastered from the original tapes, this edition includes two bonus tracks and features a booklet with restored artwork and an essay.

Retrospectively seen as a precursor to Punk, Terry Stamp and Jim Avery's band alternated between the brutal (Ascension Day, Preaching Violence) and lyrical (the opening section of the two part Stardom Road suite) to produce something out of time then and now.

Pre-order for 28th August release.

Re: Third World War -S/T CD reissue

Paul ive got a double cd of both albums with bonus tracks added released by a Scottish label Eclipse Records way back in 2001,it looks a legit release to me with small liners with photos of the group and paper cuttings etc from the time.True working class heroes who sung about what they saw...its so hard to believe that the first album was recorded late 1970...........I have to admit and say i never paid this double cd much attention...but i shall be giving both albums a listen over the next couple of days!!Cheers Paul.

Re: Third World War -S/T CD reissue

Yes, I have a two albums on one CD edition from around then as well which is why I won't be getting this Esoteric one. I don't think there's any bonus tracks on mine though. If this new one has updated liners it might be worth investigating for people that don't know them. I picked up a near mint copy of the 'Ascension Day' 45 on Fly for a fiver a while back as well.

PM