UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Write Hear' Issue 1, now available to download!

Cue trumpet fanfare – Write Hear #1 is now available to download!

I think Richard Vaughan has done an excellent job on the formatting and layout and definitely made a professional looking eZine from my scrap book of a word file version. Everything in it has been written by RZ readers / posters, so a big round of applause for them and give yourselves a pat on the back, it wouldn’t exists without you. Both myself and Richard are pleased with how this inaugural issue has turned out and we very much hope you will be as well.

There are two editions, one at 150 dpi if you are reading on a portable device and want to conserve storage space and 300 dpi if on a PC etc with higher definition (see links at bottom). If anyone has a problem with downloading please let me know.

Importantly - If you like what you see, can I ask you to please post the links on your social media, tweet, them, face book them, or whatever technology enables you to do to spread the word. Obviously we want as many people to see it as possible and encourage readers to write for it.

If you feel something along the lines of ‘I could do that’ – please do get in touch. Any suggestions for articles, regular slots etc are welcome. I would also really appreciate CD/LP/45 reviews from people, I get bored reading my own!

Lastly, I should add, that although they may not look like it, all the web links that are in the articles (and Richard and I’s email addresses) are actually live. Hover your curser over them and you’ll get the ‘hand’ so you can click them if you want you explore anything further.

Thanks for your time

PM

150DPI edition
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mszcmg06ujnwa2v/write_hear_issue_1_150.pdf?dl=0

300 DPI edition
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ow174xj03or6l2/write_hear_issue_1_300.pdf?dl=0

Re: 'Write Hear' Issue 1, now available to download!

When the germs of this e-zine were muted a while back,i like possibly a few others would love to have contributed,alas putting ones love of this music onto print seemed a small mountain to climb.
Well blow me down.....those who did climb that mountain,take a bow,fantastic words,presentation,informed,visually amazing,large type etc.....you guys did it and 'Write Hear' gets off to a flyer!!
Really appreciate all your hard work,and many thanks for sharing it with us......a great achievement one and all !!

Niall

great stuff paul thanks

Thanks very much for the positive vibe Niallox, that's very kind and everyone who did write the words in it, I hope is also pleased with the result. I think and hope others do too, that this first issue shows that those who would normally be only the consumers of the printed musical word also have stories, opinions and knowledge to tell and share that are as equally valid as those we read. We hope that this first issue might prove an inspiration for others to tell them. So, Niallox, please do have a go at climbing that small mountain, even the foothills will do! We are already gathering stuff for issue #2. Write Hear's motto is 'turning readers into writers' and the more the better!

PM

Looks great Paul - look forward to reading it!

Excellent stuff - really pleased to see a cool intelligent periodical covering the best music in the world in the spirit of SFA. Good work Mr Martin!

Just got to read it Paul, and I'm not to sure what I was expecting but it exceeded my expectations. There was definitely more to it and the presentation was very professional.
Congrats on a great first up effort.

Just downloaded it, look forward to perusing with suitable music in a calm moment