UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Write Hear - international writing, contributions from female writers, feedback.

Four things:

Firstly, I would like to make an appeal to international RZ readers and posters whose first language is not English. I know we have at least Spanish, Italian and French readers / posters here. Although the 'zine is in English, Write Hear would really like to hear from you. I know there may be confidence issues about writing at any length in a second language, but please don't let that put you off. I am an international distance learning tutor and get written submissions from all over the world in varying degrees of written English proficiency. It is something that I can work with. If there is anything you would like to write about from your own countries or from any other, please do get in touch. Also, do pass this general RZ readers call onto anyone else more widely you think might be interested in writing something.

Secondly, it would be excellent to have some contributions from female writers. I realise that 99.9% of RZ is probably male. Old timers will recall that whenever a woman posted anything here, they were greatly encouraged and welcomed. It would be great if any readers could pass this on to any musically enthused women who might be encouraged to write something (

Thirdly, I think I can speak for everyone involved with this first issue that we are very proud of it. However, it would be great to get your opinions and ideas as readers, either here on RZ or off list through my or Richard's email address (top of p1 of 'zine). Not because we want to be heaped with praise! But because we need the end user's (your) opinions and thoughts in order to monitor how we can improve or expand. This would also obviously incude any (constructive) criticism. So please do let us know your thoughts.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that although Write Hear is an RZ initiative, we want to expand it as far and wide as possible. Therefore, I would not want anyone from outside the RZ comnmunity who read it to see it as insular or closed off. And for the reasons listd above, exclusively male and anglo-centric. Diversity in all espects is somethimg we value and want to represent. Daniel McGlynn's opening article on Argentine band El Sonido de Hillber demonstrates this. Not that we want to put off any English speaking anglo-centric comntributions either though!

PM