General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Curiosity Shop Vol.2 CD / Upside Down Vol.4 CD / Brown Acid comp CD

Just saw these come up

PM:

Curiosity Shop Vol.2 CD

Due soon...Opening up a new chapter in the tapestry of earthly delights, Particles presents a colourful collection of obscured and exuberant pop nuggets. The psychedelic effects have gone and the lightshows have blown, but their lingering presence in the aftermath of the hallucogenic haze is, albeit less defined, strangely evident. The end of the explosive decade that brought us the fab four and gave us the pop star was proving to be a turning point in both musical and political terms.
Curiosity Shop Two provides a precious insight into the changing times with an illustrious soundtrack to furnish the senses.. Good vibrations indeed! Rare and obscure artefacts combined with original photos, comprehensive liners and professionally-remastered sound.

Tracklisting:
1. STEVE AND STEVIE - Shine (1968) 2. PYTHAGORAS THEOREM - London Bridge (1970) 3. IAN CAMPBELL GROUP - Private Harold Harris (1967) 4. DR. MARIGOLDS PERSCRIPTION - Can’t You See I’m Right (1969) 5. JUAN AND JUNIOR - Anduriña (1968) 6. MARC REID - My World Turns Around You (1967) 7. CASUALS - Naughty Boy (1969) 8. TEN FEET - Losing Game (1967) 9. JONATHAN KELLY - Daddy Don’t Take Me Down Fishing No More (1970) 10. JULIE SULLIVAN - Fly, Little White Dove, Fly (1972) 11. SOFT SLIPPER - Baby Jane (1971) 12. CASUALS - Jennifer Browne (1967) 13. GALLIARD - Hermit And The Knight (1970) 14. NOEL HARRISON - Life Is A Dream (1967) 15. BARRY HOPKINS - Love Ya, Want Ya, Need Ya (1970) 16. LORI BALMER - Treacle Brown (1968) 17. CASUALS - Caroline (1970) 18. POLLY NILES - Sunshine In My Rainy Day Mind (1970) 19. DAVEY PAYNE - Bad Girls (1969) 20. SASPERELLA - Come Inside (1969)

Upside Down Vol.4 CD
Due soon...A lysergic pop extravaganza featuring original artefacts from the psychedelic age with twenty flower power wonders from way down under!!
From the luminous void that wields such pleasures as Zoot and Chapter lll to other lysergic pop platters beholding menacing feats of hocus pocus and fanciful dare courtesy of The Avengers, Alison Gros, Final Four, Third Party, Ronnie Burns and the exuberant dementia of Oak Apple Day (plus the Deadly Pair), Upside Down Volume Four delivers twenty long forgotten relics from Australasia with a potent whiff of psychedelic misadventure.

Tracklisting:
1. JAMES TAYLOR MOVE – Baby Jane (1967) 2. THE AVENGERS – Twiddle-e-Dee (1969) 3. THE BIRDS – I See The Rain (1970) 4. CHAPTER III – See, See What I See (1968) 5. NZ AVENGERS – I Wouldn’t Do That (1969) 6. THE FINAL FOUR – Grand Central Station (1967) 7. OAK APPLE DAY (PLUS THE DEADLY PAIR) – Moon Shot (1969) 8. THE AVENGERS – Midnight Visitation (1968) 9. BOBBY JAMES SYNDICATE – Hey, Hey, Hey (1967) 10. LYNNE RANDELL – Summertime (1965) 11. THE EXECUTIVES – Moving In A Circle (1968) 12. OAK APPLE DAY (PLUS THE DEADLY PAIR) – Let’s Do It On The Moon (1969) 13. THIRD PARTY – Now It’s Time (1967) 14. NZ AVENGERS – Night In The City (1968) 15. ALISON GROS – Naturally (1970) 16. RONNIE BURNS – Picadilly Pages (1968) 17. THE AVENGERS – Flower girl (1971) 18. ALISON GROS – Would You Really Have To Go (1970) 19. THE CHALLENGE – Reflections Of Charles Brown (1969) 20. ZOOT – Strange Things (1970)

Brown Acid – The First Trip CD / LP

Due 28/08...Some of the best thrills of the Internet music revolution is the ability to find extremely rare music with great ease, but even with such vast archives to draw from, quite a lot of great songs have gone undiscovered for nearly half a decade, particularly in genres that lacked hifalutin arty pretense. Previously, only the most extremely dedicated and passionate record collectors had the stamina and prowess to hunt down long forgotten wonders in dusty record bins — often hoarding them in private collections, or selling at ridiculous collector’s prices. Legendary compilations like Nuggets, Pebbles, ad nauseum, have exhausted the mines of early garage rock and proto-punk, keeping alive a large cross-section of underground ephemera. However, few have delved into and expertly archived the wealth of proto-metal, pre-stoner rock tracks of Brown Acid: The First Trip.

Lance Barresi, co-owner of L.A.-cum-Chicago shop Permanent Records has shown incredible persistence in tracking down a stellar collection of rare singles from the 60s and 70s for the 11-track compilation. Partnered with Daniel Hall of RidingEasy Records, the two have assembled a selection of songs that’s hard to believe have remained unheard for so long. "I essentially go through Hell and high water just to find these records,” Barresi says. “Once I find a record worthy of tracking, I begin the (sometimes) extremely arduous process of contacting the band members and encouraging them to take part. Daniel and I agree that licensing all the tracks we're using for Brown Acid is best for everyone involved.”
Rather than simply bootlegging the tracks, when all of the bands and labels haven’t existed for 30-40 years or more, tracking down the creators gives all of these tunes a real second chance at success. “ All of (these songs) could've been huge given the right circumstances,” says Barresi. “But for one reason or another most of these songs fell flat and were forgotten. However, time has been kind in my opinion and I think these songs are as good now or better than they ever were."
Brown Acid: The First Trip opens with the slithering buzzsaw guitars and hard-rock howl of Zeke’s’ “Box”, a monster that gives Blue Cheer a run for their leaden blues. Snow sways into “Sunflower” with a touch of Steppenwolf’s swagger and wind-in-their-hair wildness. Elsewhere, Zebra proves they were “Wasted” with a soul-inflected groove, while Bob Goodsite leans in on his wah-wah and phaser pedals, determined to out-Hendrix Jimi himself on “Faze.” Raw Meat’s “Stand By Girl” serves up a fierce, stomping riff intercut with Iron Butterfly style operatics.
Bacchus kicks out a hostile sounding boogie, demanding to “Carry My Load.” Josefus caps it all off nicely with a hooky power-pop meets Bob Seger System meets Lollipop Shoppe anthem with the undeniably catchy chorus, “hard luck — keep truckin’!” It’s a solid set of unknown hits you can’t believe failed to connect back in their heyday due to various unfortunate circumstances.
But now in 2015, Brown Acid: The First Trip gives these long-lost gems their well deserved moment to shine.
Tracks: 01. Zeke's / Box 02. Snow / Sunflower 03. Tour / One of the Bad Guys 04. Zebra / Wasted 05. Bob Goodsite / Faze 1 06. Raw Meat / Stand By Girl 07. Punch / Deathhead 08. Bacchus / Carry My Load 09. Lenny Drake / Love Eyes (Cast Your Spell On Me) 10. The Todd / Mystify Me 11. Josefus / Hard Luck