UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Come And See Me: Dream babes & Rock Chicks From Down Under 2 x cd on RPM

Saw this on Spin - I expect a track list exists on the net somewhere. Me and Painterman will be up for it anyway!

PM

V/A – Come And See Me: Dream babes & Rock Chicks From Down Under (2xCD £13 RPM 25th Sept.

Details
• 'COME & SEE ME is a double CD of 60’s female Beat, Mod, Northern Soul and Psych from the world’s greatest musical melting pot - Australia and New Zealand.
• This collection is based on the successful RPM Records 'Dream Babes' series which ran for 8 volumes, and is a must have addition for all collectors of that series.
• The accompanying 20 page booklet is bristling with colour and excitement to match the tone of the music. With rare photos and great stories, this is a detailed insight into a fascinating adjunct to the 60’s Femme Pop genre.
• Whilst cutting their own sounds the ‘down under’ scene also naturally drew on musical influences from the US and UK. The cross pollination with the UK inevitable following the gigantic migration during the 50’s and 60’s, with two of the biggest names, Sandy Edmonds and Lynne Randell, born in Liverpool. Others went on to have further careers in the UK.
• The tracks on COME & SEE ME are taken from a wide range of labels ; from the Aus-NZ branches of the larger companies such as Philips, CBS, EPIC, HMV , Polydor to the successful indies Festival , Impact, Viking , Astor ,Sunshine, Zodiac , Allied International, GO , Clarion and more. Yet via this collection mostly released outside Aus-NZ for the first time.
• All tracks hard to find these days. 11 tracks also released on CD for the first time, with one more previously unreleased altogether.
• This is the second in RPM’s series of collaborations with Frenzy Productions in New Zealand following the Larry’s Rebels album. Created and Produced by Aus-NZ music expert Grant Gillanders. Grant’s ‘Quin-Tiki’s’ collection is currently no.1 in the NZ album charts.

Re: Come And See Me: Dream babes & Rock Chicks From Down Under 2 x cd on RPM

OH YES INDEEDY!!

1. When You Walk In The Room - SANDY EDMONDS 2. The Rebel Kind - THE CHICKS 3. Saturday Date -TONI McCANN 4. He's Ready - THE CLEVEDONAIRES 5. Someone Cares For Me - THE FIELD TWINS 6. Be My Baby - JOY LEMMON 7. Come And See Me - SANDY EDMONDS 8. No - TONI McCANN 9. Hard Loving Loser - GWYNN OWEN 10. See You Sam - APRIL BYRON 11. What Am I Doing Here With You - THE CHICKS 12. Stranger In My Arms - LYNNE RANDELL 13. Let's Take A Stroll With Allison Durbin Ad - ALLISON DURBIN 14. Yo Yo - ALLISON DURBIN 15. Soul Time - SANDY EDMONDS 16. Ambush - MARIA DALLAS 17. Bad Reputation - THE EXECUTIVES 18. That's When Happiness Began - GWYNN OWEN 19. You're Messin' Up My Mind - JUDY JACQUES 20. That's A Hoe Down - LYNNE RANDELL 21. Working On A Groovy Thing - ALLISON DURBIN 22. Hey, Beach Boy - DONNA GAYE 23. Do You Want To Dance - THE CHICKS with PETER POSA 24. I Am A Ginger Group Girl ad - ROCHELLE VINSEN & THE PLEASERS 25. I Wanna Swim With Him - ROCHELLE VINSEN 26. He's My Boy - CATHY HOWE 27. Little People - YVONNE BARRETT

1. You Were Born For Me - THE TUNESPINNERS 2. Moving In A Circle - THE EXECUTIVES 3. Sunshine River - GEMINI 4. I Think I Just Lost Out - LYNNE PIKE 5. You Don't Know Where Your Interest Lies - FIA KARIN 6. Society's Child - JUDY STONE 7. You Won't Forget Me - THE CHICKS 8. Heaven Is The Place - JUDY DONALDSON 9. The Proud One - THE NEWFOLK 10. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - JANICE SLATER 11. There's A Scarlet River Running - THE VALARIA VENGERS 12. Leave Me Alone - RONNIE AND DOUGAL 13. You've Done Your Best - THE TUNESPINNERS 14. High Flying Bird - MAGGIE HAMMOND 15. Midnight Bus - BETTY McQUADE 16. Go Laddie - MAGGIE HAMMOND 17. A Lone Time Comin' - THE CHICKS 18. I'll Forgive You, Then Forget You - DINAH LEE 19. Jet Girl Ad - ALLISON DURBIN 20. I Have Loved Me A Man (version 1) - ALLISON DURBIN 21. I Can Hear The Picture - JUDY DONALDSON 22. Given Time - LYNNE PIKE 23. Beat The Clock - THE SHEVELLES 24. Quiet - MARCIE JONES 25. I Love How You Love Me - THE FAIR SECT PLUS ONE 26. Come On Down - DINAH LEE 27. Clings The Thing Ad - DINAH LEE 28. She Would Not Fade - SCRA feat Sheryl Black

Re: Come And See Me: Dream babes & Rock Chicks From Down Under 2 x cd on RPM

Yeh this double cd came thumping through my door last week,as usual with RPM the booklet is ace as for the sounds within it,truthfully i found it a mixed lot but there are some cracking toons to be had....but you do get 55 tracks for basically the price of a single cd with excellent sound quailty,at the same time The Tages double cd came tumbling through my letterbox,i found there to be too many covers pre 1966,but what came after that was terrific.....although im a moany faced git,so i dont get excited about covers,which a lot of groups did pre psych era,but too hear a group develop by writing their own material is great,and thats exactly what you get with the The Tages complete singles collection,the album "Studio" they released is one of the best pop-psych albums of its era,but you do get a fair bit of "Studio" tracks that were released as single sides with slightly different mixes etc.on this collection.Again hats of to RPM as this is a fine collection as a whole, again with damn fine liners and photos aplenty and containing 49 tracks,what more could you want for the price you can pick this up for?