General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: those were the collecting days..

Wow!
Fantastic spread there Gian!

Im only familiar with:Wild Places, Void, Eric Tuss, Collignon,Smith (fantastic catalogue - the legend is he composed it all overnight or something like that. He would trade rare records for motorcycle parts.)

Of course I heard of Funhouse. But never had one of those.

Ohrmusik! Norway - one of my first mailorder mags.

I will try put up a similar pic.

Great thread!!

I have others, like the Noiseplate and Musea. The one who gave me some stunning items was the Oldie Markt auction magazine. I use to share it with Mr.Doctor and my other friend Atos, so every time it arrived we spent evenings trying to get the best items. Unfortunately the Atos guy was more healthy than me so he still a proud owner of Dogfeet and Zakarrias original, to name just two... and paid probably around the equivalent of 20 euro

You know Devil Doll ,Mr Doctor?

I have "Elioglaballus" & "Dies Irae" vinyl, and "Girl Who Was Death".

On one of his lps he lists his literary etc inspiration and its impressive - decadent authors and such.

I remember Funhouse, Crash Landing and Plastic Factory. I also remember 1 called Dimension 7 which did 45s too. Ash came after Funhouse. It's depressing to look through some of these now - Mellow Candle in the 'cheapies' section of Funhouse for £6, July for £35 Kaleidoscope Tangerine Dream for £28. The UK stuff has gone through the roof since then, while many of the US LPs are the same prices as back then.

Wallace
You know Devil Doll ,Mr Doctor?

I have "Elioglaballus" & "Dies Irae" vinyl, and "Girl Who Was Death".

On one of his lps he lists his literary etc inspiration and its impressive - decadent authors and such.

Yes, not seeing him so much nowadays but still in touch, he actually pushed me to start my Night WIngs label. Actually we should have done it together, but family problems forced him to abandon and I went on anyway. I collaborated to his 45 Revolution book while working on my own similar project, tentatively titled Digging Underground... but Tapestry OD and other books came first... maybe I'll put it on the web when I'm retired

Gian, Wallace, and anybody else here with such lists from the 80s / 90s: I need your help. As I said in the Acid Dreams thread, I'm currently working on the story of this mysterious comp. And there's informations I'd need in the lists you have on hand: would you be please kind and cool enough to check your lists, and copy / paste all data there regarding Acid Dreams, or the Return of Acid Dreams various represses ? Please ad the name of the list, and the date it was released, and you'll make my day.... I'll ad your name in the book devoted to the US garage comps saga I'm painfully working on ! Oh, if you have a scan, or if you have a cell phone able to take a good enough photo, a complete reproduction of the page where Acid Dreams is featured would be much appreciated as well... this would allow me to understand the price it was offered for back then, compared with the other items of the list. You can either post the lines here, or send them to my directly, as well as your scans / photos, to my direct email address as featured in the link below... Thanks a million in advance. best, sylvain

Sorry Sylvain. I checked my cats - no joy.

(Seem to recall Freak Emporium cat was good for those 90s VA lps, but no mention of Acid Dreams in my copy.)

Thanks Wallace for having took the time to check. This seems to confirm that the comp was mostly offered by Funhouse, and not much elsewhere...