UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Piccadilly Sunshine - the box set!

Sorry to interrupt this back and forth (although it's quite entertaining and reminds me of the good old RZ daze), but I'm actually quite excited about Particles releasing this as a box set. Not because I will be buying it, as I'm one of the "suckers" (as PT Barnum once called my type) who religiously bought each volume as they were released. Yes, some were good, some not so much... but I'm still happy to have them regardless.

What excites me (not in a sexual way or anything), is the possibility of Particles doing the same thing with the Mixed Up Minds series. I chose to forego this one as I couldn't afford both and I was well into PS before I knew of MUM. Uhhh no, that's wrong... I've known my mum for 55 years. Although the first couple are a little fuzzy.

But I digress, the point I'm trying to make is the release of a Piccadilly Sunshine box bodes well for the same for Mixed Up Minds. Or is it just wishful thinking?

As you were gents...

Re: Piccadilly Sunshine - the box set!

Hi Mark,
No, not wishful thinking, it's inevitable! Just depends how many volumes get issued individually before they're boxed up in card sleeves. I'm suprised the Electric Asylum series hasn't been done that way yet as well. I second your opinion on the PS series as a whole. Across 400 tracks there is bound to be weaker moments, even weaker volumes, but as a whole set I'm very pleased to have them.

As Paul Clarke rightly stated, there will be people who only picked up a few volumes of PS who might buy into the box set as a cheaper way of getting the set. Also, as he says, you can pick these Particles sets up cheaper on eBay after a few months in auctions. Last night I won the Particles 'Ultimate Acid Dreams Collection' box srt for just over £20, and did the same with their 'Psychedelia' box some time back so it's worth the wait to get these boxes at a realistic price if you're interested in them.

PM