UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The End - From Beginning To The End - 4x cd box set!

Agreed, this is great news and I too, will be able to put the CD'R copies of In The Beginning, Retrospection and The Last Word in the landfill.
I'm pleased to see that some bonus tracks are included and to top it off, the price is extremely reasonable for a four disc box set - $29.62 at amazon.ca! My pre-order has been pre-ordered...

CD1 – In The Beginning (1964-67)
I Can’t Get Any Joy
Hey Little Girl
I Want You Around
I Can’t Believe It
Lost Without You
Baby Stay Like You Are
It Won’t Be Long
She Believed Me
I Got Wise
You’re So Right
You Better Believe It Baby
Please Do Something
Why
Yo-Yo
Searching For My Baby
Daddy Loves Baby
We’ve Got It Made
Shades Of Orange [November 1967 mix]

CD2 – Introspection (1968-69)
Dreamworld
Under The Rainbow
Shades Of Orange [album version]
Bromley Common [talk]
Cardboard Watch
Introspection [Part 1]
What Does It Feel Like?
Linen Draper [talk]
Don’t Take Me
Loving, Sacred Loving
She Said Yeah
Jacobs Bladder [talk]
Introspection [Part 2]
Shades Of Orange [mono single version]
Loving, Sacred Loving mono single version]

CD3 – Retrospection (1968-69)
Loving, Sacred Loving [February 1968 mix]
Building Up A Dream
Little Annie
Morning Dew
Tears Will Be The Only Answer
Today Tomorrow
Lady Under The Lamp
Black Is Black
Mister Man
Call Me
Shades Of Orange [June 1968 remix]
Mirror
We’ve Got It Made [Mellotron Mix]
Bypass The By-Pass
Mister Man [instrumental version]
The Fly
Sometimes I Wish I Were Dead
Stones In My Banana

CD4 – The Last Word (1969-70)
Son Of Lightning
Second Glance
Mistress Bean
For Eleanor
So Free
North Thames Gas Board
Do Right Woman Do Right Man
Turn On Waterstone
Smartypants
My Friend

Release date's the 4 December.

Got my copy yesterday. Very nice looking box with Phil Smee art work on labels, box and booklet. Nice to see that the 10th Planet vinyl LP covers have been used for the CD sleeves as well, although 'In the Beginning' has not been reproduced as a gatefold sleeve as the LP is. So it looks very glossy and sleek. The booklet is packed full of pics and David Well's liner notes. Quite a substantial package really. Now to play the set.

PM

Hiya Paul,yes i got The End clamshell boxed set yesterday too.Im listenin to the" The Last Word" cd of this set and its bloody brilliant,i had only heard some of this music via cd swapping years ago,the sound on this cd is very good and im listening to it through headphones at the mo and the song "Second Glance"is playing at the moment and its a superb song in great sound quality too!!!As Paul has already stated the packaging is very good,it really is a lovely boxed set and at £16 its a steal!!Anyone into 60s UK psych,pop and rock really needs to hear this....i was so jealous when the 3 Tenth Planet albums wwre issued in the 90s as i had no record player and i knew i was missing something special....well here we are at last after all those years its out on cd...and i was right it is something special,The End were a great band and deserved so much more in their time.The song"So Free"is now playing,just so good with the yummy harpsichord playing.I have had a quick listen through the other cds of rare gear and wow!!!Great sounding stuff....Cant wait to spin those with the headphones on!!!Sorry for blethering so long,i honestly feel this could be the best cd box set...ever!!!!!LOL!!!