UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OZ magazine

Still on the subject of magazines.......All 48 issues of OZ magazine now available to download

http://ro.uow.edu.au/ozlondon/

Re: OZ magazine

Thanks for the pointer Niallox. Are these actually downloadable though? For instance, I can d/l the 2 x posters listed seperately for issue 1 as I am offered the prompt 'open' or 'save'for them. When I click on 'download' option on the actual issue of #1 Oz though, it doesn't give this option prompt, it just opens the copy on screen with no obvious means of saving it. Am I missing something?

Cheers
PM

Hi Paul......

Click on Mag image say Vol 1.....under video screen see Download Full Text (20.5 MB).....from the pdf download button top right!
Thanks for the invite to write hear.....must revisit past issues....maybe something might stir in my idle brain!!

Cheers,
Niall

Thanks Niall, I'll have another go. That is what I did before but it din't give me a 'save' or 'open' prompt it just opened it on screen. Yes, do have a think about the BoB idea or anyhting else you might beinterested in writing. Thanks again

Cheers
Paul

Thanks Niallox - this is fantastic. Don't suppose anyone knows a similar resource for 'it'

Got it now! The tiny down pointing arrow top right as you said Niall. Now I'm downloading all 48 issues. A similar site for International Times would be a great companion piece, but I'm not complaining about this Oz one, thanks Niall. I was a schoolboy striker in 1972 or 1973 whenever that little red school book issue was!

PM

Thanks from me also

On a related note has anyone accessed this-

http://www.proquest.com/products-services/eima.html

A useful resource Paul. It looks like something you'd want to find an institution like a library service (good luck with these days!)to subscribe to which would give public access to it. I imagine there are university libraries with stong media studies degree course profiles that are subscribed to it. I don't think I'd bother as an individual unless as an indepednant researcher my main domain was in media, film etc. studies. The sample list of titles doesn't look that comprehensive either. I much prefer the approach of the Woolagong University in NZ, that hosts the Oz archive, free to download as it should be. I dislike the privatisiation of knowledge or research resources in this pay to view way.

PM (on a soap box!)

Actually, has anyone with a dropbox account managed to downlaod all 48 issues of Oz from the website? I've managed issues 1-10, but I only have an elderly PC with as much spare memory capacity as a politician avoiding the truth under questioning! Hence because you have to load each copy of Oz to the screen before it can be d/l'd it takes at least 10-12 minutes per issue to load on screen. If anyone has the other issues and can upload to their dropbox and send me a link, it will be much quicker to d/l them without having to wait for each one to load on screen. I hope that makes sense? Thanks anyway.

PM

Here's one for IT fans-

https://archive.org/details/texts?&and[]=international%20times%20newspaper&and[]=subject%3A%22Hippy%22

Actually Internet archive site is amazing

loads of old books and magazines to download

Good find Paul! 'Long Hair 1966' An organ of David Bowie's National Society of Long Haied Men per chance?

PM (of no hair whatsoever!, so may be 'long 'air'?)