Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pink Floyd ‎– 1965 Their First Recordings

This came as a bit of a shock....

http://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-1965-Their-First-Recordings/release/7780256

Several never previously available, even on boots, anyone know the scoop?

Re: Pink Floyd ‎– 1965 Their First Recordings

Hi

I understand that certain shops were telephoned last week and asked if they would like to order a small number of a mystery release. Neither the artist or titles were divulged but retailers were advised that they would want them, even at the expensive dealer price. Retailers who took up this strange offer were rewarded with a small number of copies of this, not so much a release as an escape. I was lucky enough to be offered one and bought it realising that it was likely to be a rarity - it's the sort of thing I usually hear about after the event. I've since looked for further information online but so far found zilch.

Re: Pink Floyd ‎– 1965 Their First Recordings

More info from Andy Jackson who mastered this release:

"Yes that's right (although not entirely my doing, I just supervised the vinyl cut). It's been released because of the 50 year rule, anything un-released after 50 years becomes public domain. You haven't missed much!!"

And...

"Ok, I haven't said anything if anyone asks. This particular release is just what I said. However, the contract with EMI is now expiring, so they get the rights to all their recordings back. On that basis, there will be a 'filling in of the gaps' of some of the earlier stuff. Really can't go into details except to say that I'm just starting on this, doing some restoration. Look forward (if you like this sort of thing) to late 2016."

I am personally more interested if there are any unreleased 66/67 Syd tracks coming out like "Scream" and "Vegetable" in good quality and maybe even "In The Beechwoods" with vocals, probably the greatest 'lost' Syd track in my view.

Looking at the prices for this already, I am not tempted to get the vinyl - cheapest I have seen it for is £150!