UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DAVE DEE

Hello Phil,i have a 4 cd box set that basically contains all the albums b sides a sides and rarities,it was released in Holland way back in 1999 and there are 100 tracks in total and includes a booklet with year of release etc.....it was released by BR MUSIC and is jubilee cased with 4 cds stored....plenty of photos and info....i think its really hard to get now,but well worth it if you can pick it up at a reasonable price....another cd set to look out for is a double cd of BBC radio sessions funnily enough released by BR MUSIC in Holland,this is excellent and features songs that did not appear on record at that time.You get 54 tracks in total,this again has some good info telling you when each song was recorded etc........As you know Phil i love the "Fresh Ear" album without Dave Dee,i think this is a very under rated album and features the marvellous "Mystery Rider"track which i rate very highly.Imo a very good psych number...i honestly think its one of their best tracks.....but thats just my thoughts.Phil all the albums have been reissued by Repertoire with nice booklets and bonus tracks....but i dont know how much theyre going for theses days.I picked them all up pretty cheaply on Amazon a few year back.....i was very lucky!!!Anyway Phil THANK YOU for the Christmas Card,much appreciated...i wish you and Sal all the best over the festive season.Cheers my old chum!!!!

Phil the 100 track box set is going for £45 on Amazon from an Amazon seller at this very moment,a lot cheaper than buying all the repertoire cds,ive just checked the prices on Amazon,im absolutely flabbergasted at the prices that are being asked....bloody ridiclous!!!!

I have a few of their singles and a best of album. Good band.

thanks Stuart ill check em out altho my dosh has gone on headswirlers this year

You can find most of the individual Repertoire CD digipaks new or used like new on Discogs.com for far more realisitic prices. Though I would agree with Stuart that the 100 song anthology set would be the 'best buy' option as it includes pretty much everything worth hearing in one place.

PM