UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tuesday - the Pye recording group

I got to thinking about the band Tuesday when flipping through my 45s recently. Their only 45 (as far as I know, or that I have anyway) is on Pye (1972). The B side 'Sewing Machine' is a beautiful tune that first appeared on Fading Yellow Vol.5 (track 5) and later on the 'Shindig! - We Set The Scene' comp CD. The B side 'Big Mr Little Man' is a more rockin almost Status Quo like song and appears on Electric Asylum Vol.4,track 14.

It may be in the liners or it may have come up in conversation, but I recall hearing or reading that when the Shindig! crew were going through the Pye tape library, it was said that there were around 20 other tunes by Tuesday there, but which were all in the same style as 'Big Mr Little Man' rather than 'Sewing Mschine'. Being a fan of both songs, I would love to hear anything else that was recorded by Tuesday. I am assuming none of these other recrodings have as yet been released? Do they exist anywhere on the net I wonder, any acetates out there with collectors?.

PM

Re: Tuesday - the Pye recording group

There's a previously unreleased Tuesday track, a couple of photos and a brief band bio on the Dust On The Nettles set that came out a few months ago.

Re: Tuesday - the Pye recording group

Thanks for the reminder. I have the Dust On The Nettles set, played it twice so far and didn't even recognise 'Glow of the Firelight' as being the same band! So not everything else they did was like 'Little Big Man' then. Useful liners and picture on them as well (track 10 disc 2, p.21 of booklet). I'm even more intrigued to hear those other unissued Pye recordings now. It would be very refreshing to still find something new-old in the Pye archives.

PM