UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alex Harvey

Hi Guys,its funny you talking about Alex Harvey,particularly the "Roman Wall Blues"album,i just got that the other week,in my opinion his best and most consistent album ,released the same year as the Hairband"Band on the Wagon"album which also has some good tracks but just not as good as "Roman Wall Blues",dont let the Blues in the title fool you,its much more than that,yes of course blues is certainly an influence but its not some boring electric blues album,its a real period piece of an album with good vocals(not like some of his later work,where he exagerates and dramatizes his vocal) and melodic songs replete with horns and some nice guitar.This album is included in its entirety on the forthcoming 14 cd box set which is great as its only been available on the bootleg label Red Fox as far as im aware,thats the cd i got and luckly it has a good sound,but buying boot cds you dont really know what sorta sound youre goint to get.Happy to have this!!!

The track listing:
http://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/The-Last-Of-The-Teenage-Idols-Limited-Edition-T-Shirt/51FX0000000?vib=78025048C

I appreciate the first 4 albums of SHHB but how is the rest?

Interesting pricing - especially when you compare it to this-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0182RI9A0?keywords=bruce%20springsteen&qid=1452292641&ref_=sr_1_3&s=music&sr=1-3

Hello Gian,the "Jokers Wild"album is a real mixed bag of songs and to be honest i would find it hard to heartily recommend this,as for Alex Harvey and his soul band,i've got ordered a cd from Amazon which seemingly features a 16 page booklet and from listening to samples of it it sounds pretty good.As for Rock Workshop,Alex Harvey is only on the first album where he wrote and performed around 4 or 5 tracks which are also included on the 14 cd set,not the whole Workshop album it must be said,so you'll have to buy the Angel Air cd for the whole album which also features guitar virtuoso Ray Russell.I hope this helps Gian!!