UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ayshea (on Polydor)

I'd like to hear Ayshea (Brough) Lp on Polydor, as well her Polydor singles... if anyone can help, I'd be grateful!

Re: Ayshea (on Polydor)

might be here
www.ayshea.me.uk

Already checked, there is only a not remastered "best of" CD at the moment

I have her Mr White's White Flying Machine 45.

That 45 is also the best track on the album. I had a CDR rip of it years ago and thought pretty much everything else on it was pretty bland. The only other tune of hers I liked was her Roy wood written, produced, played on sound-alike 45 on Harvest 'Farewell'.

PM

How's the B side?

I only own the Who's Gonna Rescue Jesus? one, which is not that bad (and it looks Fairfield Parlour play on the A side). The B side is the best track I've heard from her so far and is it on the album too (no idea if a different version, though). If Paul Martin still has that CDr... we could add some "bonus tracks" and have a nice compilation. Maybe a way to convince/help Ayshea to get an official CD release.. who knows

Do you think you stil have it Paul? And yes the farewell single is pretty good. Also I'd be curious to hear her John Pantry cover, Celebration Of The Year... and on her albums there are some good musicians too, like Brian Godding

Alas, the Ayshea CDR went into the re-cylcing bin in my great loft-space necessity purge of several years back. I had boxes of CDRs I hadn't played in years, so many I couldn't even begin to save them to an external hard drive. So off they went. It's always the way of course once you throw something out, someone wiil want to hear it.

A decade or more back, I think people thought these titles would be around on CDR trades for ever and so many of course have been formally reissued properly since. I'm surprised you can't just order it from a sound cloud or some such where everything seems to reside. these days. It just shows there's still stuff being digitally missed even now. If RPM or someone is reading this, how about the Ayshea album(s) being reissued on the '7Ts' label if licensing is available?

PM

Gian
How's the B side?

I've have only played it once and I remember it being completely nondescript. The A side is great though.

i see Brian Auger produced her first album looking at tracklist there are a few of the tracks on you tube shame her version of Hard Days Night isnt on there