Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Algo Salvaje Vol.2 2LP / CD

Vol.1 of this is excellent, hoping this will keep the quality up

PM

V.A. / ALGO SALVAJE VOLUME 2 CD
Price: £13.99

Due 11/03...The eagerly awaited second volume of the "Algo salvaje" series, featuring untamed 1960s beat and garage nuggets from Spain.

"Algo salvaje" (translates as 'something wild') is the first legal anthology devoted to a rich period when hundreds of bands appeared all over Spain and, after paying attention to what their US and British contemporaries were doing, found their own way to vent their teenage rebellion through loud guitars. With amazing results!

Many of the 28 tracks are reissued for the first time, including very hard-to-find records.

Both formats include extensive notes by Vicente Fabuel featuring all the original record sleeves and artist photos.

A festival of raw beats, direct and aggressive, mixed with understandable stylistic digressions, given the psychedelic transformation at the time.

All are identifying marks of this second volume, a collection that should legitimize the Spanish garage-beat scene as one of the great musical (and social) offerings from a country that was stretching its limbs as much as it possibly could despite the restricting bonds of dictatorship.

TRACKLIST 1. SIN RENCOR - CEFE Y LOS GIGANTES 2. SOY ASÍ - LOS SALVAJES 3. ESCAPADA - LOS TONKS 4. DICIENDO NO - LOS FLECHAS 5. NEW LOVE - THE VAMPIRES 6. TE ESPERABA - LOS POPS 7. LA RUINA - LOS ÁGUILAS REALES 8. EL OLE - GRUPO 15 9. SI MAÑANA SERÁ ASÍ - THE BRISKS 10. ME EQUIVOQUÉ - LOS ÁNGELES NEGROS 11. AMOR PERDIDO - RAMÓN-5 12. CADILLAC - LOS GATOS NEGROS 13. I CAN'T STAND IT - LOS CRICH 14. I CAN TELL - LOS INDONESIOS 15. LAST NIGHT - LOS DIABLOS NEGROS 16. EL BAILE DEL BUFÓN - LOS RELÁMPAGOS 17. LAMENTO DE GAITAS - LOS ARCHIDUQUES 18. SIN SABER POR QUÉ - LOS SOÑADORES 19. LIAR, LIAR - LOS ÍBEROS 20. YOU DON'T LOVE ME - LOS SIMUNS 21. NO TE PUEDO AMAR - LOS ZINKOS 22. WELL, YOU KNOW – SMASH 23. ACCIÓN - DON Y SU BANDA CLUB 24. VENDRÁS CONMIGO - BRUNO LOMAS 25. CARRERA DEL DIABLO - LOS Z-66 26. VEO VISIONES - LOS GRITOS 27. LACK A DAY - CIRROS 28. NOTHING - JUAN & JUNIOR