UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stackridge mr mick

just reading a bit about the above album and its said in the reveiw this is a psyche tinge concept album but i cant find any samples on you tube so are any of you fans of this group and album

Re: stackridge mr mick

Big fan of Stackridge. Have all their albums up to Extravaganza. This and Mr Mick were from a different line up. Mr Mick never quite did it for me as much as the earlier albums and I remember reading somewhere that the band weren't happy with the recording. It didn't end up the way they wanted or expected.
They really are the most English of bands with a host of quirky song titles and subjects. Their music is all over the place but they are impossible to tie down into one genre.
There is a heap of their stuff on you tube and if you type in Stackridge-Mr Mick you'll find at least one track.

stackridge.net will take you to their website and they're also in the progarchives.com site where they are described as prog/folk.

Plenty of their stuff is also available to buy at the usual sites and if you still collect vinyl, this seems cheaper than cds quite often.

thanks whoppo you are a gent yes ive watched some of their youtube vids would love to see them live so will be trying to see if they are playing in my area

Philsypoos:
The one to get is the BBC Live disc.

Lurv this band. Mr Mick is me fav - would be, as its a concept and I am a prog masterman.

Think there are two versions???

Guess who guests on Man With A Bowler Hat.

yes wallace mr mick has a double disc cd and a single cd set
just got the BBC set nice to see you are still around olde friend
whi guests on bowler hat then ?

Dunno about who guests on Man In The Bowler Hat but George Martin produced it.

seems like he played piano on it

The 2007 Angel Air 2cd reissue is the one redone by the band that contains the unreleased album version with three extra tracks, the way the band actually wanted released at the time.

spinning the single cd of this album very good album its got a toytown feel to it i would recommend it to any one who likes that stuff