UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RSD psych and sixties

Anyone notice any must have RSD 2016 releases? Last thing I got was the Rainbow Ffolly lp 2 years ago which was pretty great...would love to see more releases like that. Nice thing about the sixties titles like Rainbow Ffolly and Tomorrow is that they seem to remain available after rsd so there's no need to queue up at 5am to battle eBay resellers when the doors open

Re: RSD psych and sixties

You can find a comprehensive UK list here:

http://recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-releases/rsd-2016

I can't really get excited about RSD any more, it's just another over-commodified marketing weez now. Look at the flood of Bowie vinyl lined up for instance. Nonetheless, if it benefits exisiting record shops it still should be supported.

I'd like to see more 'guerilla' releases like the recent early Pink Floyd disc. That got out without any of the eBay-esque 'ultra limited edition super rare' strap lines and was seemingly randomly distributed. Rather like how info on acid house raves used to get disseminated at the end of the 1980s. Still, I suppose if there were more releases like this, they'd soon go the way of RSD and everything would be an apparent randomly distributed release only to be pressed in thousands and available everywhere on the net anyway. So jaded old fart rant over. I like the look of the Manic Street Preachers copper reflective 12" single so far for 2016 RSD.

Re: RSD psych and sixties

Thanks....only made it halfway through the massive list so far but the kinks koncert 1965 lp and the Grapefruit lullaby 45 look good...maybe the replica Idle Race lp too!