UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Beat Freak Vol.2 CD comp

all these tracks bar a few have been comped before. cant they come up with new tracks instead of re hashing the same tracks over and over again. very disapointing. the first one was a bit like this one as well

Perhaps there's nothing left?

I think there's always something else but Particles seems to be just a money factory, the owners couldn't care less about the music. I haven't noticed a second box set of Piccadilly Sunshine, vols. 11-20 for instance. What does that tell you about the intent behind the first one, or the lone vol.1 of Piccadilly Sumnshine that came ou on vinyl?

The first half of Beat Freak Vol.1 is solid but the rest were pretty lame and all of them had been reissued before more than once as is the case on Vol.2 so I won't be buying it. Particles work with different people for different projects so some are better than others. Those where Particles are simply the conduit are best as the music is compiled by outside people who have access to and care about the music (e.g. the The Electric Sound Show box set, or the re-mastered Psydhedelia box set).

The random and indifferent compilation of Beat Freak and some of the others suggests in-house space filler either by the uninfomed or more likely the indifferent. I'll still go for the Curiosity Shop, Mixed Up Minds and Upside Down comps, as for me, these all seem wortwhile but Beat Freak looks tired before it's even got started!

PM