UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bubble gum orchestra

has anyone heard any material by the above group ive searched for tasters to se if its worth paying the high prices for their material £20+
thanks in advance

Re: bubble gum orchestra

ive found some of their stuff very ELO

Nevr heard of them, but if you like ELO you could also like Pugwash!

thanks gian

Hi Phil,
I have the first two BGO albums (Out of This World & BGOII), and to be perfectly honest in the four years that they've been on the shelf I haven't been able to make it all the way through either of them. Michael Laine Hildebrandt has obvious good taste worshiping at the alter of Jeff Lynne - the complete artwork of OotW is based on ELO's 'Out of the Blue', right down to the same style and colour font, the inclusion of a side long 'Concerto For a Sad Day', etc.
Musically it is quite good, and often times very ELO-esque and catchy but when Hidlebrandt opens his mouth to sing I can't help but cringe a little. With all due respect, it makes the songs sound like they're part of a Christian television show for children... ughhh.

Now, as Gian mentioned, you can't go wrong with Pugwash if you're looking for that ELO / Move / Beachboys sound - I highly recommend the band and Thomas Walsh is one of the nicest guys around!

thanks Mark nice to see you posting and yes i agree with your comments