UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STILL IN A DREAM-A STORY OF SHOEGAZE

does anyone have this boxset and is it worth the high price?

Re: STILL IN A DREAM-A STORY OF SHOEGAZE

Hi Phil,
I have it and love it and stroke it to sleep every night! You could get it from Yellow & Green Records MPS on Amazon UK @£30 in post (this is Cherry Red's Amazon name, the label who actually produced it).

As a big neo-psyche fan Phil, I think you would appreciate this. The shoegaze sound is all about big, long, treated walls of guitar and immersive, semi-lost vocals all in a swirl and that's largely what you get on this. The Cocteau Twins are usually the default band people people point to for this, though they were around almost a decade beofore the shoe gaze / dream pop bands.

I really like this set anyway. I suppose if you dig bands like Vibravoid for instance, this isn't a million miles away from that, though some tracks are a bit more conventional. The booklet is a good read as well.

PM

Just ordered it as a retirement present for myselfyou may enjoy this beauty as well paulThe Jesus & Mary Chain - The Power Of Negative Thinking_ B-Sides And Rarities (2008) very tasty

There's nothing like a present to yourself Phil! Hope you enjoy it and your retirement. I have all the J&MC albums / Bsides DVD of promo vids etc that Edsel put out a couple of years ago as 2xCD+DVD packages, very good. I think the Power of Positive Thinking disc is about 2002? So these Edsel sets would have superceded that one.

Paul

I mean 'Negative Thinking ' of course!
P

thanks Paul forced to retire due to ill health but on the mend a bit now

Hang in there Fabulous Phil and keep the chin up. Hope you're on the mend.

thanks whizzo day at a time olde chum hope you and yours all well