UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Plus-Seven Deadly Sins

Well only Simon Napier Bell could reply exactly! Not that sure Tony Newman is the Pinkerton's guy, the bass player was Max Simms not Mike Gibbs. The album was released also in the UK and France, always on Probe

It looks the Newman guys were in-house writers at Rocking Horse production (Napier Bell+Ray Singer) as they also wrote songs for FRESH and BRUT albums

that's all I found... :(

Mr Wisdom's Whopper
Does anybody have any info on this? Came out in 1969 on the Probe label which was from the U.S. don't know in which countries it was released though.
Perhaps an attempt to cash in on Jesus Christ Superstar. Tony Newman, the guitarist was in Pinkerton's Flying Colours and Flying Machine. Other members are Mike Gibbs-bass and Mike Newman-drums. Apparently they're the only ones listed but there are obviously others on board.
Simon Napier-Bell produced it.

Can't really help in terms of band info, but it couldn't have been a cash-in on Jesus Christ Superstar as Seven Deadly Sins was released about a year earlier. If it was a rip-off of anything, it was probably the Electric Prunes LP Mass In F Minor.

Thanks for the info and details.

I'd never heard it before and was rather surprised in that it's pretty good.

Mr Wisdom's Whopper
Thanks for the info and details.

I'd never heard it before and was rather surprised in that it's pretty good.

I like this too including the speaking parts and chanting!

magic rocking horse was a song by pinkertons-sung by tony newman.he must be the same?

robert ommundsen
magic rocking horse was a song by pinkertons-sung by tony newman.he must be the same?
What does the Magic Rocking Horse song has to do with Plus?

Anywat Pinkerton's Tony Newman went to Flying Machine just after Pinkerton's, staying with Pye label from 1967 to 1971, so (to me) no chance he is the Plus guy