UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pink Floyd singles

I'm feeling this is a good time to post this pic of my Pink Floyd singles, as i just heard a fine little show on Radio 4 about Syd, and I stumbled across the soundtrack for the movie 'The Committee" from 1968.

Re: Pink Floyd singles

I know, this isn't really a 'topic" so much as me showing my collection, but I like vinyl and always enjoy seeing other folks' vinyl, so I figured 'why not?" I mean, if these pics belong anywhere it's on Regal Zonophone, n'est-ce pas?
Anyone else heard that Committeee soundtrack?

here's a quadrophonic mix of Dark Side that sounds a little different from the standard mix (some louder backing vocals etc...), a Dutch collection of early stuff (stereo Apples & Oranges... Hooray!), and two reissues of the first two albums in mono.

OK, that seemed to work. Here's some of my lps...although this should be my second post. It's all mixed up...

Very nice Joe,that is one thing thats missing on a cd is the artwork,as albums are obviously bigger whether it be a single or 12''record,particularly when it came to psych as many psych records art was part of the experience......but this post should be on the subject being discussed elsewhere on RZ.But Joe you have a very nice collection,Joe could i ask if you play those records?As i know there are collectors of 60s and 70s music who don't play them at all.....which is a shame as they were made to be listened too!!Anyway Joe i hope you're well and its nice to see you still partaking on RZ.........

And you too Stuart

Hi Stu (and WW),

Good to see your posts too! I do play my vinyl, as it does seem like a waste to keep it boxed up somewhere. I play lps more than 45s, but will sometimes go on a "45s jag" where i play a bunch of singles. Fortunately my turntable has a switch to change from 33 to 45. Some turntables have you change the belt on the platter which sounds like a real pain.
I also play CDs too, but usually just for boxed sets or CDs with bonus tracks, like my Russian Stones CDs. I also have compilation CDs I play as well.
Recently I've been listening to the (new-ish) July CD "Resurrection"...(hey, didn't they swipe that name from the Aerovons?)
I'm enjoying it. For a reunion album I think they did a fine job of updating what made July a unique sounding psych band. It's a fun listen.
But yeah, I was in a Pink Floyd mood last night and was listening to a couple of those lps. And I agree, the art work is part of the fun, plus what I consider is a nicer, fuller sound.

You have a good selection there joe. I have the picnic album with the rare embryo track on it.

Thanks, Flaxton. Yeah, I think Embryo also showed up on "Works" but I'm not sure it's the exact same mix (but it may be...I haven't checked). I've accumulated those 45s over time and for a long time I only had them on CD...
Picnic has some other good stuff on it too by other Harvest bands (and Syd Barrett, although his song is taken from his album and not rare...) Overall it's a good compilation, and the cover is great!