UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Let's Go Down & Blow Our Minds: British Psychedelic Sounds of 1967 3 x cd set

Good track listing but a bit same old same old for folks that have been buying these collections over the years.
Anyone know anything about the Tintern Abbey track?

Re: Let's Go Down & Blow Our Minds: British Psychedelic Sounds of 1967 3 x cd set

I imagine it's from the haul of Tinten Abbey acetates that were discovered a few years back and were written about on a music blog site at the time - go far enough back on RZ and they'll be posts about them, though I guess these may have been deleted by now to make space, so you might try googling

Yes, there's no real surprises here, but I have always liked re-jigging tracks to make new playlists. I like the more well compiled tracks here interspersed with the obscurities from the 10th Planet / Wooden Hill comps.

I've just been listening to the 'I'm A Freak Baby - A journey through the British heavy pscyh and hard rock underground scene 1968-72' 3 x cd box set which is really good I think. There's a slightly earlier (late '67) addition in The Micky Finn's 'Garden of My Mind' which might elicit groans of over familiarity, but when you hear it as the earliest proto-example of the box set's main focus, it sits just as well with the other heavy guitar soloing as it does with the psych is usually compiled with. It gives it a different context and shows you can still get something new out of a familiar record.

PM