UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Equals

just searching ebay etc forBlack Skinned Blue Eyed Boys but at over £100 i think i will give it a miss shame it looks a great double album as there is very little original Equals music on cd
oh well
back to the drawing board

Re: The Equals

You mean the 2 x cd set issued on the old Sequel label in 2003? I bought that when it originally came out and it is indeed a great set of records, about 50 songs and no duds. I didn't realise it was so scarce now. There's one on Discogs for £84, can't even see it on eBay and none on Amazon. Eddie Grant's a genious pop song writer, this set should be reissued by RPM or someone if the licensing is available, they don't deserve to be out of ciculation. Still, I guess you could download them from ITunes or somewhere? I'll have to dig out my copy. I've got quite a few of their 45s on the yellow President label as well.

PM

thats the one paul the only one on itunes is a single cd re-recorded effort which has very poor reveiws on amazon

I wholeheartedly agree,i too bought this very fine double cd when it first came out,some great 60s hard pop(is there such a thing)which also features some very good psych tracks too,its a real mix of stuff but the songwriting on the whole is mostly bloody good,though to my ears there are some tracks that do a little less for me.Yes indeed i would love to see all their stuff available again,and i agree with Paul,this stuff is screaming out to be issued on labels like RPM and Grapefruit,which are both Cherry Red labels(which in my view are among the best companys releasing UK psych and prog reissues,particularly the Esoteric label)In fact a box set of sorts about Eddie Grants 60s musical adventures would make very interesting listen,i MUST mention The Sundae Times "Us Coloured Kids"album which if you enjoy The Equals you will enjoy this album which i believe featured on the Jay Boy label and also has involvement i believe of one Eddie Grant.The President label to my ears released or recorded some wonderful pop/psych and just plain old 60s pop,which a lot can be heard on the cd collection of President Recordings"Some times i wonder",and finally i MUST have to mention the double Sheridan and Price cd released a few year back on a reconstituted President Label,some real cracking stuff and also features a whole load of unissued recordings of Move man Rick Price...brilliant stuff indeed.

nice to see you about Stuart been quiet from your part of the world of late