UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PRETTY THINGS AMSTERDAM '69

Parts of this are kinda awesome....wish there was more....

The Link;

http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/3ePNag3o/file.html

The Story;

Prof. sez:

In 2007, I obtained this fantastic source in a snail mail trade. One of my regular trader buddies had gotten
it straight from the man who had gotten it from the radio station. I uploaded this on DimeaDozen at the time,
but it got banned due to lossy ancestry. This led me to get back to the original source, who informed me that
it was actually archived like that by the radio station. Okay, so that was all we were gonna get. Still
nothing short of an amazing find that needs to be heard by anyone who recognizes the S.F. Sorrow album as one
of the true masterpieces from the 60's.

Now, 9 years later, I have carefully restored and remastered this tape for the first time at my mastering
studio. The original source sounded dull and suffers from the unbalanced live mix. This latter problem can only
be remedied up to a certain level, but I have tried to bring more coherence to the sound with a better balance
between the lows, mids & highs and yet still maintain some decent dynamic range.

A few songs of this "bootleg" have found their way to official releases. Tr. 03 & 06 appeared on the 2001 comp
"The Psychedelic Years 1966-1970" and last year Tr 03-05 appeared on the rarities disc of the Bouquets from a
Cloudy Sky box-set. Though lossless, these are in mono and were squashed to pulp in the mastering stage.

These 7 selections appear in the best quality so far here and also for the first time in the correct speed.
For those wondering about the shortened playing time; about 2 minutes of silence & stage noises have been edited.
All the original dialogue remains intact and has been brought out for the optimum speech intelligibility.

Enjoy!

01. Why? (incomplete)
02. Talking About The Good Times
03. Alexander
04. Renaissance Fair
05. S.F. Sorrow is Born
06. She Says Good Morning
07. Mr. Evasion (incomplete)

Re: PRETTY THINGS AMSTERDAM '69

Very cool!

Re: PRETTY THINGS AMSTERDAM '69