Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Everyone’s Gonna Wonder: Complete Singles…PLUS, The Avengers

Everyone’s Gonna Wonder: Complete Singles…PLUS, The Avengers
Released November 18, 2016

• The members of The Avengers (from New Zealand) were hand-picked by their manager Ken Cooper in early 1966 – to be the resident band at his new club in Wellington, New Zealand.

• After signing with HMV Records in early 1967, and their first single came from an itinerant songwriter Chris Malcom who made up a song during an evening performance in front of an HMV A&R man. By the end of that week Chris and the group had recorded ‘Everyone’s Gonna Wonder’, which was released in October 1967 and stormed into the National Top 20.

• The Avengers’ harmony pop-psych sound soon got them noticed around the world, and ‘Everyone’s Gonna Wonder’ was released in the UK on Parlophone and Jubilee in the USA where Billboard reviewed it as a ‘Hit Pick’.

• Legendary Australian singer- songwriter Brian Cadd (then with The Groop) predicated that “the Australian public is demanding a change and this must come. I think that The Avengers from New Zealand will be this change, their musical ability is exceptional”.

• The group spent 1967-69 chalking up hit records while extensively touring, leaving behind eight singles and three albums.

• The Avengers new CD compilation collects all of their singles for the first time and combines them with the best of their album tracks, all re-mastered from the original tapes for the first time.

1. EVERYONE'S GONNA WONDER
2. MIDNIGHT VISITATION
3. SUMMER SET MORNING
4. SUNSHINE LADY
5. LOVE – HATE - REVENGE
6. DAYS OF PEARLY SPENCER
7. 1941
8. DANIEL THE POSTMAN
9. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
10. WATERPIPE
11. ONLY ONCE IN MY LIFE
12. I WOULDN'T DO THAT
13. NIGHT TIME
14. FISHERWOMAN
15. TAKE MY HAND
16. YOU BETTER COME HOME
17. NIGHT IN THE CITY
18. SALLY
19. SEPTEMBER WINDS
20. ONLY LAST YEAR
21. WHAT PRICE LOVE
22. FLOWER GIRL
23. OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND
24. LOVE IS A ONE WAY TICKET
25. TOP 20 (RADIO SPOT)
26. TOP 20 TIME CHECK (RADIO SPOT)
27. THIS SHOW IS GROOVY (RADIO SPOT)

Re: Everyone’s Gonna Wonder: Complete Singles…PLUS, The Avengers

I have a cd released by EMI in New Zealand titled"Electric Recording" which features 26 tracks with a small booklet with liners...i really enjoy this cd,some great songs and a few cover versions that are enjoyable too.To anyone who is thinking of getting this new RPM cd,its a definite yes,get it,not all great but much to be enjoyed whether its pop/psych or just plain old 60s pop......Enjoy!!Now is anyone going to reissue Procession one and only album??Its screaming to get it out there for people to hear it!!!!