UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Attack on CD

Does anyone happen to know if there is an anthology CD of The Attack that includes all their singles as well as unreleasesd stuff?

I have the Final Daze LP+45 which was also on CD but that does not include the A/B sides of their 45s. The Acme issued 'Complete Decca Recordings'does include them but that's only on vinyl LP.

Maybe it's time to re-master / rer-release their music again all in one place?

PM

Re: The Attack on CD

on Amazon-The Attack-Final Daze
Not a great deal is known about The Attack, which is unfortunate as they were a quality 60s mod/rock outfit. Much of their early material was released through Decca Records, however lack of commercial success and subsequent line up changes saw The Attack switch to a number of underground labels-which is what Final Daze presents.This is an extremely impressive collection of singles and previously unreleased material largely spanning the years between 1967-1969.Influences from the likes of 60s musical heavyweights such as The Who, Cream and Hendrix rear their heads through a number of incredible drum and guitar driven tracks to dazzling effect. Ones to listen out for, are the sublime Sleep Like A Child, down to the crunching Mr Pinnodmy's Nightmare to the almost glam rockish sounds of Roll On. These are a small selection of great tracks to listen out for in an ocean of pure 60s mod/rock quality.Sit back and let The Attack, attack your musical senses-you won't regret it.[amazon feedback]

There's a very decent 19-track CD comp on RPM, from 2006, titled "About Time: The Definitive Mod-Pop Collection 1967-1968".

Do you have - About Time: The Definitive Mod-Pop Collection 1967-1968 CD on RPM. Not sure but in conjunction with Final Daze it might cover everything?

Track Listing

1. Anymore Than I Do
2. Feel Like Flying (Aka Making It)
3. Created By Clive (Previously Unreleased)
4. Try It
5. Go Your Way
6. Too Old
7. Colour Of My Mind
8. Lady Orange Peel
9. Sympathy For The Devil
10. Neville Thumbcatch
11. Strange House
12. Created By Clive
13. Mr Pinnodmy's Dilemma
14. Come On Up (Previously Unreleased)
15. Freedom For You
16. Hi Ho Silver Lining
17. Magic In The Air (Aka Watch With Mother)
18. Anything (Previously Unreleased)
19. We Don't Know

Snap José

About Time is the one to get. good liner notes/interview too.

Many thanks everyone, I'd completely ovrlooked 'About Time!' The Attack seemed to be one of those bands that everyone was reissuing (or rather including on compilations)ten years or more ago. I was more into vinyl then so probably didn't even notice this CD had come out at the time. Anyway, I've ordred a VG+ copy from Discogs for £22 - and that's the cheapest I could find it (from a UK seller so not due to currency exchange rate inflation with our drooping pound!). Seems to be one of those CDs that's gone up in value. Interestingly the 'Final daze' CD can still be had for just over half that price.

Thanks again all.

PM

From what i remember Paul Final Daze doesn't have as many tracks and the sound quality is not supposed to be very good.