UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Horse-For Twisted Minds Only cd

Hi guys i thought i would give you a heads up concerning the just released reissue of Horses 1970 album with 6 added bonus unreleased tracks recorded just prior to and after the album was released by RCA records,this fantastic reissue is the first ever authorised reissue of the album,the cd is released by the fine Rise Above Relics label(Luv Machine,Incredible Hog,Jerusalem..among other fine reissued titles),cracking booklet with unseen photos and the full history of Horse.Fabulous sound quality too.the Saturnalia(which evolved from Horse) album will be getting the same treatment too in the not so distant future.I have listened to this cd just the once as i just received it today,gave it a quick spin when i got in from work and i am well impressed,the added tracks are very worthwhile additions also.Well worth it for the tenner it cost from an Amazon seller,and that is including postage!!

Re: Horse-For Twisted Minds Only cd

Great, I really hoped (and waited) for this one! By the way, not many noticed the cover was by Roger Wootton of Comus

Great to see this get a new official release. Just two questions Stuart - why the new artwork and title? And how do the extras compare to the lp songs?

Well, not sure but the new artwork is very similar to the old one in style, maybe a new one from the same Wootton?

Or perhaps someone from the Woo Ton Clan?

Hiya guys,the new artwork is only on the slipcase,the original artwork is as it was on the front cover in a jubilee case..Rise Above Relics most of the time use an outer cd slip case on their reissues and sometimes give then a new title too as in the Incredible Hog cd as an example,.But their effort i really appreciate as the packaging,sound and the liners are top notch.i'm thankful there are still labels out there that still make as much effort as Rise Above Relics do to get this rare music which lets be honest probably won't net them much of a profit(if it does)out to the enthusiasts of 60s and early 70s music with a psych and prog element

Paul about the bonus tracks, i have spun this cd a couple of times and i feel the bonus tracks are up there with the actual album....but i'll be spinning this cd this morning and i'll pay special attention to those tracks and get back to you.

Thanks Stuart, that's great but I think I prefer the original artwork.