UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
guy darrel ive been hurt cd

Due 27/01...Guy Darrell is probably best-known for his 1973 hit ‘I’ve Been Hurt’ – actually a reissue of a 1966 single which had been revived by the Northern Soul scene.

The Kent-based vocalist may have been a one-hit-wonder but he was actually a prolific recording artist across the 1960s, making rare Beat-Era 45s for Oriole (with backing band The Midniters), CBS, Pye and Page One (latterly as the Guy Darrell Syndicate).

In the 1970s, Darrell continued to record with rock band Deep Feeling, as well as capitalising on the belated success of ‘I’ve Been Hurt’.

This 28-track compilation is the first-ever official retrospective of Darrell’s Sixties work, remastered from original master tapes with detailed sleeve-notes (including quotes from Darrell’s manager Roger Easterby) and rare photos.

Sixties/Mod collectors will appreciate such tracks as Guy’s amazing version of ‘Stupidity’, the Psych classic ‘Evil Woman’, those elusive Oriole tracks and the first-ever version of Elton John’s ‘Skyline Pigeon’.

1. GO HOME GIRL (As Guy Darrell & The Midniters) 2. YOU WON'T COME HOME (As Guy Darrell & The Midniters) 3. SORRY (I RAN ALL THE WAY) (As Guy Darrell & The Midniters) 4. SWEET DREAMS (As Guy Darrell & The Midniters) 5. ONE OF THESE DAYS - (As Guy Darrell & Wind Of Change) 6. STUPIDITY (As Guy Darrell & Wind Of Change) 7. SOMEWHERE THEY CAN'T FIND ME 8. IT TAKES A LOT TO LAUGH, IT TAKES A TRAIN TO CRY 9. I'VE BEEN HURT 10. BLESSED 11. MY WAY OF THINKING 12. BIG LOUIE 13. HARD LOVIN' 14. I'VE NEVER HAD A LOVE LIKE THAT 15. CRYSTAL BALL 16. DIDN'T I 17. EVIL WOMAN 18. WHAT YOU DO ABOUT THAT 19. CUPID 20. WHAT'S HAPPENED TO OUR LOVE 21. SKYLINE PIGEON 22. EVERYTHING 23. TURN TO ME 24. WHAT'S HER NAME 25. BIRDS OF A FEATHER 26. KEEP THE RAIN FROM MY DOOR 27. HOW ARE YOU? (As Guy Darrell Syndicate) 28. THE TURTLE TORTOISE & THE HARE – (As Guy Darrell Syndicate)

Re: guy darrel ive been hurt cd

Great stuff, been waiting a long time for this! Much overlooked, he put out some good mid-60s 45s. There are also a handful of BBC recordings, plus a short interview. Shame they couldn't be tagged on to the end.

I can upload them here if anybody is interested?

im intersted. please opload them

Here you go, hopefully download link works OK

There were more tracks than I remembered!

https://we.tl/goJeWhyqtA

Many thanks RP link worked fine ty