UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
blackfoot sue box set

Due 27/01...This 34 track three CD box set rounds up the career of early 70’s Glam tinged rockers Blackfoot Sue.

Includes the two albums “Nothing To Hide” (1973) and “Strangers” (1974) as well as the unreleased “Gun Running” LP from 1975.

The international hit single ‘Standing In The Road’ is included – it reached No.4 in the UK, No.22 in Germany and No.18 in Australia.

Also featured is the UK No.36 hit ‘Sing Don’t Speak’.

Booklet contains detailed sleeve notes by 70’s expert Phil Hendricks as well as numerous picture sleeves from across the globe.

Disc One: NOTHING TO HIDE 1. MESSIAH 2. COUNTRY HOME 3. CRY 4. MY OH MY 5. NOW WE’RE THREE 6. THE SPRING OF `69 7. GLITTERY OBITUARY 8. ON HIS OWN 9. TOO SOON 10. GYPSY JAM BONUS TRACKS 11. STANDING IN THE ROAD 12. CELESTIAL PLAIN 13. SING DON’T SPEAK 14. 2 B FREE 15. SUMMER 16. MORNING LIGHT 17. GET IT ALL TO ME

Disc Two: STRANGERS 1. CARE TO BELIEVE 2. TOUCH THE SKY 3. SHOOT ALL STRANGERS 4. TOBAGO ROSE 5. NOSTALGIA AIN’T (WHAT IT USED TO BE) 6. BYE BYE BIRMINGHAM 7. JOIN TOGETHER 8. 1812 BONUS TRACK 9. YOU NEED LOVE

Disc Three: GUN RUNNING 1. CARE TO BELIEVE (VERSION 2) 2. BLUE EYES 3. CRUISING THE HIGHWAY 4. WANTED GUN 5. MOONSHINE 6. TAKING MY FIRE 7. PICK ME UP PUT ME DOWN 8. CORRIE 9. 4.40 JIVE

Re: blackfoot sue box set

Another welcome reissue, I just knew their hit single, but there is some good music throughout their albums

Brilliant! Only just the other day did I purchase their 2011, 13 track CD of singles on the 7Ts label. I'd been perusing stand alone CD reissues of the two albums on the internet but they are a bit pricey and I was just wistfully thinking it's about time this band were turned into 4 CD clam box - and hey presto!! Will be well up for this. I have most of their original 45s and they're all great. check out 'Glittery Obituary' on youtube or wherever, great number.

PM

I love the opening track from that album, 'messiah'
As good as any classic rock - check that out while you're at it