UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The SEARCHERS Hearts In Their Eyes 4 cd boxset

£33 on ebay..£130 on amazon whats the crack?

Re: The SEARCHERS Hearts In Their Eyes 4 cd boxset

Can bid on one on eBay now for $50 Aust. Some great power pop to be had here with covers of Tom Petty, The Records, Kursaal Flyers, Ducks Deluxe, Dylan plus heaps more and a few originals. Still with that excellent jangly guitar and excellent harmonies.

Ty whoppo I've got my order in for the cd's I'm aloud now and I have the 2 cd pye one but no doubt it will arrive one day

I'm guessing you realise Phil that this is not their early-mid 60s hits, etc but two albums plus other stuff they released on the Sire label in the 70s.

And very beautiful it all is. I bought this on its release. It does actually cover their whole 50 year career(!)

P

Aah, sorry. When I saw the title Hearts In her Eyes I realised it was their cover of The Records track so assumed that it was from their latter period. Although I did think 4 cds was more than I thought they recorded during the 70s.

I have a 2cd compilation that covers 1963-2003 called 40th Anniversary Collection. Excellent and perhaps underrated band.

I got this box set when it first came out,in my opinion its a very good 4 cd set which covers their career from the beginning all through to the end.Any 60s pop fan will find much to admire on this set,from beat to folky rock to groovy late 60s pop.Excellent book too.Its strange as many years ago i never gave them much thought or being excited by The Searchers.But 20 years on im listening to their sounds and totally appreciate that they were a fine group.I didnt realise this box set is now very expensive to obtain,shit!!!i better put my house insurance up....lol....

I actually tracked down the cd collection by ex-Searcher Tony Jackson and his group,some real good tracks on this cd,But again i hear its pretty expensive and can be hard to obtain also.

I'm listening to a fine cd collection by Tales Of Justine jut been brought out by those good folk at Grapefruit,it features 21 tracks in total,many which featured in the long out of print vinyl album released by Dave Wells Tenth Planet label many years ago.This new cd titled"Petals From A Sunflower",is highly recommended to most of the people who take part here,some real nice sounds.Great stuff!!!