UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Take A Mind Excursion

Due 03/02...Various Artists - Take A Mind Excursion (32 Pop Gems: From Sunshine To Soft 1966-1972) CD

Explores the late 60s aussie soft pop scene.

“Take A Mind Excursion” highlights rare and obscure recordings from artists such as Bob Dileo, Vigrass, Pebbles & Shells, Something Young and so many more! The names may be unfamiliar, but the tunes are just as good as the big-time chart hits that get overplayed to this day.

The compilation features a whopping 32 tracks and includes a fully annotated booklet with track-by-track details, as well as label scans and songwriter information.

Take A Mind Excursion – it’s just a slight diversion.

Tracks : 1. Mind Excursion - Bob Dileo 2. Stop – Paul Vigrass 3. Let’s Be More Than Friends Tonight – Pebbles and Shells 4. The Dawn And My Love - Sundae 5. Oh, Don't Come Crying Back To Me - Something Young 6. The Merry Go Round Is Slowing You Down – The Surprise Package 7. Heard You Went Away – Proctor Amusement Company 8. Show Me The World Of Wonder – The Bottom Line 9. Every Groovy Day – The Roman Rebellion 10. Soraya – Chris Simmons 11. Get Around Downtown Girl – Johnny Garrett & The Rising Signs 12. What Is Happy Baby - The Californians 13. Hold Back The Sun - The Scarecrow 14. Band In Boston - Bob Dileo 15. A New Man – Paul Vigrass 16. Suzanne - The Montanas 17. When Love Begins To Look Like You – The Game 18. It's Better This Way - Sundae 19. Turning Round - Wishful Thinking 20. The Girl I Wanna Bring Home – The Four-Evers 21. It's A Sunny Day - Johnny Young 22. When I Was King – The Bottom Line 23. Good People - Johnny Garrett & The Rising Signs 24. Dear Emily – The Golden Horizon 25. You, Baby, You - Tartans Of Lavender Lane 26. Alice In Wonderland – The Central Nervous System 27. Take Her Back - Gemini 28. Let’s Give It A Try - Pebbles and Shells 29. Curly – Paul Vigrass 30. Rahni – Bob Dileo 31. Together Forever - The War Babies 32. Maybe Tomorrow - Free For A

Re: Take A Mind Excursion

which label is this comp on P man?

Regarding
'Get Around Downtown Girl – Johnny Garrett & The Rising Signs'

Freddie & The Dreamers of all people did a cover of this! It was amongst the small number of songs I found listenable by them (a cover of John Carter's 'Smith & Porter's meat exporters Van' was another).

PM

Paul Vigrass and Wishful Tinking are Australian?

Hi Paul, it's on Teensville label who did that 'Girls on 45' series.

Maybe they're including Australian releases of artists from other countries or else have a related Australian connection. There's several American artists I think.