UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Golden Earrings complete albums box

Released 17th Feb @c.£130

This looks like a nice box (repro card album sleeves 26 albums and 3 x Cds of non-album stuff) 1965-2015. I'm confident of c.1965-80 but not sure about anything after that. Is anyone familiar with their later albums? It's a box I'd be interested in getting if the post 1980 albums still rock!!

PM

From their debut Just Ear-rings from 1965 till the tribute to their hometown The Hague from 2015 – all 26 studio albums by Holland’s most legendary rock band are collected in a monumental box Complete Studio Recordings, augmented with no less than three cd’s full of non-album tracks.

Rinus Gerritsen and the little bit younger George Kooymans as kids live in the same area of The Hague and in 1961 decide to start a band. The two inspired musicians take on three band members and soon are ready to conquer the world as ‘The Golden Earrings’. In 1965 they get their first record deal with the prestigious Polydor label and soon after that their debut album Just Ear-rings is released containing the first hit single Please Go. In the Sixties they continue to score many hits and in doing so lead the way for all Dutch Beat bands that follow. The Earring has some line-up changes in their first years, but when Cesar Zuiderwijk joins Barry Hay, George Kooymans and Rinus Gerritsen in 1970, finally the line-up is perfected: this formation rocks harder than ever before and it won’t take long before they travel around the world with their monster hit Radar Love.

This limited box contains all studio albums and three extra cd’s with non-album tracks. Throughout the years Golden Earring released no less than 26 studio albums. Next to that, dozens of songs were released but not on official albums (the so called non-album tracks), including classics like That Day, Sound Of The Screaming Day, Another 45 Miles, Holy Holy Life and hard to find songs, like So You Want To Be A Rock’n’Roll Star / L.A. Woman and You Gun My Love. In total no less than 307 songs, that for the first time are compiled in this box set Complete Studio Recordings, including extended liner notes per album by respected music journalist Tjerk Lammers. So turn the volume up to 11 and hear how a little beat band from The Hague turned into the biggest and best Dutch rock band ever!

Re: Golden Earrings complete albums box

Funny. I was listening to them last night.45gfK