UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Buried Alive!! Demented Teenage Fuzz From Down Under 1965 – 1970 (6CD box set)

With all of the Aussie/NZ comps (legit or otherwise) that have come out over the last 20 years or so, there's not really much here that diehards have not already heard.

Also, I would not expect the booklet to have any kind of in depth information if the liners to the Upside Down series are any indication. Given that something of this scope would probably not be a money maker for a legitimate label, labels like Particles step in and fill a certain gap in the market.

Re: Buried Alive!! Demented Teenage Fuzz From Down Under 1965 – 1970 (6CD box set)

As already mentioned - not a lot new, but at the right price it would make a great travel companion

It's certainly that! I've just played the first disc and it's pretty much all full-on freakbeat; weired guitar solos and fuzz r'n'b, at least for the first 15 or so, then they are a bit more straight forward r'n'b but still nice and raw. The soud is very good as well (through my little top loader portable Bose player anyway), the lead solos really zing out at you! The main problem here is the lettering / liners in the booklet and on the back of the card sleeves. More consideration should have been given to the colour of the lettering against a green b/w background in the booklet that makes them hard to read and on the sleeves the lettering could be a bit bigger. Nonetheless once your eyes ajust, it 's all discernable at least!

PM

Didn't realise it was out yet. Still waiting for my copy.

I bought it from an eBay seller about 2 weeks ago, only jsut got to playing to now though.

P