UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
After All - selftitled 1969

My fellow musicologist's notes on this album starts ...
Hastily put together in 1969 by a veteran quartet of Tallahassee, FL, musicians and together for only a handful of months, After All is merely a footnote in the history of late-'60s and Florida rock. Their single recorded effort, however, was a moody slice of acid-tinged progressive pop that, while perhaps not among the finest obscurities from the era, brings back the grooviness and off-the-cuff adventurousness of the decade in full color.

============================
Benjamin Blake Mitchner2 said of the song 'nothing left to do' -
'Really dark and ominous deadly psychedelic progressive crossover! Love it! This is as out there and strange and shocking as it gets! And the beginning half is so spooky it's just wonderful! The guy has a voice like Jim Morrison meets Lucifer himself! Heavy metal is nothing compared to REAL music like this!'

Listen to a song or 2 on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PjYmfXXgbU

Sound interesting? You can find the album for less than a tenner on amazon or if you are going to use it under the following conditions, i could give it to you.

COPYRIGHT STATEMENT: This audio/video is not being used to make money in any way and is for entertainment and leisure purposes only. This is an act of fair usage as described by the Copyright Offices, therefore, a dispute should not occur over this audio/video. No copyright intended. This is strictly for non-profit and educational purposes only. All rights belong to the original owners and content creators of this material.

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. It is not to be used for copying and selling. No copyright infringement intended.

Re: After All - selftitled 1969

https://youtu.be/J2S5kCrjQlY?list=PL4uTeU_1y8Te0pQDvY4cGFV10GIz_YxF7

Quite like the actual songs on this album, particularly as there is a bit of hammond organ which I'm always a sucker for.

I found the vocalist hard to get into. Instead of Jim Morrison comparisons I was reminded of a cross between an old style crooner/lounge singer. On checking the photo that accompanies the track above maybe I'm not too far out. Don't know if the photo was taken in 1969 when the album was recorded but they look pretty out of touch with the fashion and hair length of the time if it is the case. The guy second from the right looks about ten years older than the rest of them. If he was the singer maybe he was around in those old days.

By the way, who is Benjamin Blake Mitchener? A renowned rock writer, critic or something?