UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Motions

Among other things this was Robbie Van Leeuwin's group before he left to form Shocking Blue. They have a number of different comps of their early material and was wondering if anyone could advise me as which might be the best and most reasonably priced.
After Van Leeuwin left they kept going. They released an album called Impressions Of Wonderful in 1968 with some of the tracks I've heard seeming to be very good. Has this ever been reissued on cd?
Confusingly there is a comp on the Psuedonym label with the same title but it contains releases from 65-67.

Re: The Motions

Hi G. Impressions of wonderful is one of those albums I think should have seen a reissue long before now. Good album, most tracks have been compiled but a few are exclusive to the LP.
I think your best bet for Motions on CD is 'The Golden Years of Dutch Pop Music'
on Universal - 52 tracks which replaces the fat box 'As & Bs' collection from 2002 which is well oop now.

'Green Chewing Gum Machine' from the LP is good and can be found on one of the 'Collecting Peppermint Clouds' Vols

'Nightmare' is also good and it's on a RZ circulated private comp, when I come across it, I'll mention on here ( possibly 'Darkening Violets' )

Impressions Of Wonderful is a great pop psych LP. As said, not reissued yet. For shame.

Thanks PMan.