UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greenfield & Cook 1972 selftitled album

Two guys from Holland, Peter Kok and Rink Groeneveld who made 2 lovely albums.
Great harmonies and some very nice songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXEDhEJzAF0

Re: Greenfield & Cook 1972 selftitled album

I guess Groenveld & Kok doesn't sound quite the same.

Steve theres a 2 cd package featuring both albums(self titled and their follow up imaginatively titled second album both from 1972) available on Amazon,its a legit reissue with fab sound and very very basic packaging(nowt new from a major record company,who are dwarfed and humiliated by the packaging from smaller indie labels)Both albums are fab and many songs could fit snugly onto a Fading Yellow comp!!

Other Dutch albums and collections which have been reissued as 2 cd sets are from the likes of:
Les Baroques,The Motions,Mr Albert Show,After Tea,Golden Earrings,Focus,The Bintangs,The Buffoons and more,all easily sourced through Amazon and Amazon sellers.Well they have been over the last few years for me.Some absolutely magic music came from Holland,whether its pop music or underground sounds.Loads to enjoy!!!!

Mr Wisdom's Whopper
Groenveld & Kok

Well, with a name like Kok, I guess it might be a good idea to anglicize it for the international market.
Steve.

PS. Stuart - on Fading Yellow vol. 10 is track 12, Greenfield And Cook - A Day Begins.