UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
stora popboxen

does anyof you guys know if the above boxset is 3 cd or 4 cd as on ebay its 4 and discogs its 3 so im a tad confused[as normal]

Email  
Re: stora popboxen

Hi Phil

The older (original) fat jewel case edition of this was a 3 CD set. Scott in America has this one I think. Years later, a slimline hard back book edition was issued which has 4 Cds in it. I can't recall what the duplicatuion ratio is between the track listings but I know they were not identical by any means (obviously if there are 4 rather than 3 CDs worth in the second edition). I have a rip of the 3 x cd set somewhere and an actual copy of the book set. Good enough beat and pop but there are quite a few covers of English / US hit parade stuff along with the orgiinal material. The book set itself is a great looking item but is written only in Swedish so the potted band biogs it contains are lost on me alas.

PM

Email  

You can still buy the book set edition from European sellers like Bear Family in Germany. The link below is the original Swedish seller's website where I bought it when it first came out and seems still to be available.

http://www.premiumpublishing.com/en/art/stora-popboxen-volume-i.php

PM

Email  

The 3 CD set was issued by EMI circa 1995. I prefer it to the 4 CD collection in that there's not so much focus on cover tunes.

There is minimal duplication between the two sets; maybe a total of 5 or less tracks they have in common.

Hopefully, if and when Premium Publishing decides to do a Volume 2, there'll be more focus on original material.

Email