UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Head Out Of Dreams: The Complete Hollies August 1973 – May 1988

I hate to say this,but this era of The Hollies does not excite me at all,and i don't think i'll bother getting it,the last 2 jewel boxed sets of The Hollies were absolutely terrific and thoroughly enjoyable!!Its a real shame that EMI dont see fit to include sumptious booklets with loads of photos and all sort of other things with these sets,as the liners and booklet are pretty disappointing.

Yes, it's not their strongst era for sure, but it starts off well with 'The Day That Curly Billy Shot Down Crazy Sam Mcgee' and there's plenty worth hearing on it. I do like complete career spanning collections of albums so the completist in me wants this anyway.

PM

Paul martin
Hi Mark,
Yes I saw this as well. I shall get this set. I've got the Hollies on Japanese mini LP CDs from 1963-72 that add period 45s to each one. The singles go to 1974 I think, so other than a couple of singles this will be all new. I think they were still inventive and tuneful even in the later 1970s and 1980s. As there's six discs in this set I hope that rules out EMI using those ugly fat 1980s looking 4 way jewel cases they used for the Graham Nash years set.

PM

PS - How are you doing with the Ian Hunter set?

Hi Paul!
Damn it, you know I've just scratched the surface so far... I've only listened to the debut and All American Alien Boy - the rest still have the shrink-wrap on them! Then again I'm only about a quarter way through 'Bouquets From a Cloudy Sky' and I've had that for two years. People often worry what they are going to do with their lives when they retire.
Me? I know EXACTLY what I'll be doing!