UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Action Painting Creation 2cd

Hi Paul, Yes, I will report back on the Numero Creation set in a couple of weeks.

As for Chinese box sets, that's tricky. I know the Chinese were issuing fake Led Zepplin mini LP CD box sets when those came out and they were also issuing fake Beatles in mono sets. The Zepplin set was overtly so though, e.g. the thumb wheel on led Zep 3 cover was just printed on rather than actually working wheel. So you do have to be careful.

On the other hand China is a big dumping ground for overstocks from Japanese distributors of mini LP CDs etc. They buy them up in bulk so they can re-sell cheap I have bought a lot of individual mini LP CDs from China and they are always the Japanese originals. I also just recently bought a sealed copy of the original album series 5 x cd box set of Be-Bop Deluxe albums from a Chinese seller on Discogs and it's great, it only cost £5 and I couldn't find that anywhere else below about £20+ in Europe or USA if anywhere.

It may be the box sets are perfectly legit and just cheap end of overstock copies, Ali Baba is the Amazon of China isn't it? So you'd expect that kind of deal sometimes, like the Amazon Italy offers which are always cheaper than on UK Amazon even taking into account the sinking pound against the Euro / dollar issue.

I think if I wanted the Beatles / Floyd sets enough, at the prices they are offering them for I'd take a punt on at least one of them.

PM

Re: Action Painting Creation 2cd

A message from the main man himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuwY3py_o3Y