UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spin cds

Having the same problem with them myself at the moment. I'm waiting on a pre-order CD paid for in December and now apparently in stock in many other places, but nothing from Spin. After endless emails I finally had a response telling me it was due in a week. 4 weeks later and still no CD and back to no responses to emails.

I also ordered another item in January with still no word on that either. Sadly will be shopping elsewhere from now on. I can't recall why I didn't just go to Nick at the always reliable Heyday.....

Hi Stuart,
I think yours is a common experience. There's nothing underhand about Spin, they are an independent record shop with a website that's all. They do offer a lot of stuff, often bundles of LPs or Cds from Jpana or elsewhere by an artist as well, but I gave up on them years ago because nothing ever came through on time if at all and I ended up cancelling the orders. As far as I recall, they didn't charge my account until the goods would be sent so cancelling the order didn't require a refund, maybe that's changed. Probably if you lived in Newcastle and could actually go to the shop on a regular basis they would eventually have the items you ordered and you'd feel comfortable with that but trying to do that at distance by email or ringing up all the time is annoying and not reassuring I know. Hope you resolve the issue sucessfully.

Paul

PS - Stuart, two fast and reliable UK eTailers I often use are Norman Records in Leeds and Juno Records in London. Have a look at Norman records website

http://www.normanrecords.com/

Read their explanations for delays in orders, why stuff fails to arrive on time etc., it's very comprehensive. I am sure Spin have the same issues but their service does not seem to be as good.

Spin closed their shop in Newcastle about 10 years ago. They are now an online only operation so really no excuses for not replying to emails.

Same as you Stuart: orders from October still not received but money taken!

And no answer to my mails.

The Chris Wood box is 'ships within 24 hours' but I still have no news.

I am afraid we will receive nothing.

interesting thread I wont be buying from them as surely they shouldnt be advertising stuff for sale which they havent got and have no control over even getting it on time.And also taking payment before they get the products??
Very shabby way to look after future customers.
Hope you guys get yer cash back
this info is from Citizens Advice

If you paid by debit card

Contact your bank and say you want to use the ‘chargeback scheme’. If the bank agrees, they can ask the seller’s bank to reverse the transaction and refund the money back into your account.

Many bank staff don’t know about the scheme, so you might need to speak to a supervisor or manager. They might ask you to put your request in writing. You should do this within 120 days of when you paid.

If you paid by credit card

If the item cost less than £100, you should contact your credit card company and say you want to use the ‘chargeback scheme’. They could also ask you to put your request in writing. There’s no time limit for when you need to do this.

If the item cost more than £100 but less than £30,000, contact your credit card company and say that you want to make a ‘section 75’ claim to get your money back.

hope thats helpful

'Spin closed their shop in Newcastle about 10 years ago.'

That shows how long ago it was when I last tried to buy anything from them!

PM

Logically though, Spin must be delivering on a majority of orders or they wouldn't still be in business. I know when that Mojo mag sponsored LP sized psych box set 'Angel dust and sherbert' or whatever it was called, many years ago, was sent out all the Cds came loose in the box and arrived damaged with many customers. Spin replaced them all very quickly with new ones securely packaged. It sounds like Spin are over-committing to product range maybe when they need to consolidate confidence in their customer base through better lines of logistics and communication when contacted. They ofen offer LP bundles. My brother bought one set by Broadcast of I think five albums, but apparently, these were all sourced from individual sources so took ages to get in one place and then be sent out as a set. I hope everyone gets what they've ordered anyway.

PM

Incredible! The UPS man just delivers me the Chris Wood box from Spin...

Spin don't have a problem of honesty but a problem of disorganization. I didn't have any mail saying the box is on the way and no answer to my requests.

I have three more orders with them and I'll be patient: what else?

Result! I bet the others are not far behind!

Paul

I hope Paul, I hope.

Many thanks for the comments and advice,its not looking good,been trying for 2 days to talk with someone,but its been engaged everytime ive tried to phone!!Not a good sign.If they are going out the box,they are still sending out update e-mails with new releases etc,if that is the case they're bang out of order.......i'm bloody angry,but i have acted on advice given on here from Phil.My 4 orders came to the value of around £75,on the wages i earn thats a fair bit of cash....i am so hoping for everyone that my suspicions are unfounded and way off the mark....but it aint looking Good....GULP!!!!!

Maybe emailing this thread to them might prompt some response!

I paid 76 £ for three orders to come and I hope they will be served.

A company from which I ordered records since 15 years: disappointed.

I hope they will be better in the future, because their catalogue is excellent.

CD I ordered are all postponed week after week: they all stay with a pre-order status.

Very frustrating because 2 of my 3 orders are from Nov. and Dec. 2016.

I don't know what to think.

I've been getting replies via email now, which is something. Last one said my two items will be posted start of next week. That was on the 9th March......

An update on my problems with Spin,my 4 orders have still NOT arrived,it is now 2 months since i put those orders in,spoke to them....same old excuses...still waiting for stuff...i shall be on the phone tomorrow to DEMAND a full refund!!A disgrace but still sending out e-mails of new stuff.Anyone thinking of ordering from them"BEWARE"avoid like the plague!!!!!

Sorry to hear that Stuart the thought that keeps coming in my head 'why advertise items for sale when they havent got them !'hope are well mate

Good luck guys. Nothing more frustrating.

A pal from another site has also had issues with Spin but it didnt start until 6 months ago when it seems a employee left.Also they didnt used to take cash from folk until the stuff was in..My pal says he will never use them again..not much help for those waiting but info for those thinking about ordering from Spin. Choice is yours

stuart robertson
An update on my problems with Spin,my 4 orders have still NOT arrived,it is now 2 months since i put those orders in,spoke to them....same old excuses...still waiting for stuff...i shall be on the phone tomorrow to DEMAND a full refund!!A disgrace but still sending out e-mails of new stuff.
I'll do the same by mail : one order is from Nov. 2016, one from 3rd of Dec. I hope to have my money back.

Too bad but I can't be patient no longer. I don't know what to do if they are doing deaf ear or saying no...

I have three orders for 76 £.

My message:

Hello,
About 4 months since my orders 43892 and 44697... Delivery dates are delayed infinitely and I have enough: Sabbath box is on Amazon since months.
Paying at order is OK but a fast and serious service is needed to remain confident.
If you can't serve my orders (with 47466 too) soon, please send me a refund (items + mail) by Paypal.
At least respond to my request. I have been patient so far.
Thanks.

Spin respond:

Hi Philippe,
No problem however all of these titles have yet to be released:
43892: Cipollina, vol 1 Now scheduled for 14/04/17. This is a definite date this time, we know this as we (Spin) have been charged for the stock.
43892: Paranoid box. The version you have seen on Amazon is the US import. We can also supply this but it is roughly double the price £48.99. The UK version, has been delayed and is now due end of May.
44697: 72 box, this has always been scheduled for release 28/04/17. As far as I know it is on schedule so you should receive then.
47466: Cipollina vol 2 scheduled for mid May.
So you know, both Cipollinas and the 72 box are from the same manufacturer. They're a small company who, due to the current backlog in vinyl manufacturer, have had some significant delays with their release schedule. However, everything they have offered to date has been released, so I am 100% confident we can supply these in due course.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed.
Thanks

First I had a reply to my mail: good. And I think they show good faith. The only problem is to have to pay in advance. I'll wait for these items even if 5 months waiting is pretty ridiculous.

I finally decided to cancel my four orders from Spin (the oldest was from Nov. 2016...).

Spin said OK on May 26 and I receive my complete refund today. Long all the same.

I am relieved and I now have a budget to buy some japanese CD vinyl replica.

Spin is not dishonest, just presumptuous as for its dates of releases. But the money is better in my pocket that in theirs.

I gave up also and requested a refund after endlessly being promised 'next week', the refund arrived promptly with an apology on not being able to deliver. I ordered the same items elsewhere and they arrived within a matter of week or so, so I'm not sure what the issues where at Spin.

I am also totally fed up with Spin cds. I have quite a few things on order and never hear from them. I sent an email and received no response. Telephoning is near impossible - they never answer the phone. It's a shame because I used to get things very quickly but these days it seems they have no interest in fulfilling customer orders on line.